"Failure Case Study: Estée Edit", is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the failure of Estée Lauder's Estée Edit brand.
It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products, especially within an oversaturated marketplace.
Kat Von D Beauty
After less than a year on the US market, Estée Lauder's sister brand, Estée Edit, geared specifically toward Millennials, was abruptly withdrawn.
This case study explores the nuances and behaviors of the Millennial demographic, and why the Estée Edit brand failed to resonate with them.
- Estée Lauder's core audience - mature females - felt isolated by this launch, geared specifically toward Millennial consumers.
- Estée Edit's launch felt phony to the Millennial demographic, who seek and value authenticity.
- Millennials value timely product launches that align with current trends on the marketplace, whereas Estée Edit’s product range was vast and unresponsive.
Reasons to access
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Browse the complete report at www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…-consumer-segment
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...