"Is Amazon Go Ready for Take-off?", report discusses Amazon Go’s concept and the strategy behind this innovative approach, as well as its impact on the retail market. Technological and operational challenges are also discussed, which are holding back expansion.
Moreover, advice for retailers and technology vendors is provided.
Amazon’s latest automated store concept is based on a large number of sensors and cameras at shelf level and a mobile app, which eliminates the need for checkouts.
It changes the way how stores operate by linking purchases to customers’ profiles with granular insight into their behavior.
- The high cost and complexity of the Amazon Go solution makes it unsuitable for mainstream usage yet, therefore other retailers look at partial automation of their checkouts instead.
- Technical issues are holding back wider adoption since there are still too many instances where items are not detected correctly or system errors occur.
- The Amazon Go concept is inspirational rather than practical, and primarily supports Amazon’s wider strategy of establishing itself as an omnichannel retailer rather than focusing on profitability.
Reasons to access
- Get an understanding of Amazon's checkout-free store concept and what it means for the competition.
- Evaluate Amazon's technology and strategy, and how it could be applied to other retailers in an innovative way.
Browse the complete report at www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…uld-be-the-future
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...