Orbis Research Presents “Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: Belarus” magnify the decision making potentiality and helps to create an effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage.
GlobalData’s Belarus Quarterly BeverageTracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- With a population of approximately nine and a half million people, the gross average salary in March 2017 was 770.6 BYR per capita. A slight increase in gross average earnings in 2016 (by 0.9%) but it still fell short of the targeted figure.
Quarterly average salary was 737.6 in Q1-17
- Despite the increased, yet reserved, market optimism and attempts to spur economic activity in Q1-17, recovery was slight with a 0.2% growth in wholesale trade, however it was above the forecast for Q1-17
- GDP in Q1-17 was 22.4 bn. BYR grew by 0.3% in Q1-16, an increase of 4% compared to Q1-15
- Exports of services and goods were also above the forecast in January and February 2017
- External debt decreased by 65.2 m USD (0.5%). External financial endowments of 169 m USD was received: the government and Banks of Russia contributed approximately 111.3 m USD, banks of China 28.1 m USD, EBRD 2.3 m USD and IBRD 27.3 m USD.
Payments to external debts in Q1-17 reached 308.5 m USD
- Internal state debts in Q1-17 totaled 9.6 bn BYR, a decrease of 6.4% since the beginning of 2017
- EDA has grown steadily from -2% in January to +0.6%, creating positive prospects for gradual recovery; as one of the indicators of recovery is consumer spending behavior in the food and drinks markets
- Most categories in the soft drinks market showed decline in consumption, retails sales slowed in most categories in Q1-17
- Inflation was 1.7% in Q1-17
- GDP has shown some quarterly marginal growth of 0.3% in Q1-17, compared to -4% in Q1-16
- Retail turnover in Q1-17 still fell short by 1.4%, compared to Q1-16
- Despite the introduction of some new products in Q1-17, most new product launches were delayed until the economic climate improved, as gross salary average further decreased in Q1-17. Prospects for gross salary average reaching the target of 500 USD is estimated as unrealistic.
Reasons to access
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Belarus beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Belarus to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...