This report helps to analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the Global Smart Homes Market.
- Advertising -
The Global Smart Homes Market Was Valued At USD 35.7 Billion In 2017 And Is Expected To Reach A Value Of USD 150.6 Billion By 2023 At A CAGR Of 26.9%, Over The Forecast Period (2018 - 2023).
The threat of climate change, fluctuating energy prices and energy security and supply concerns have necessitated new ways of producing, delivering and consuming energy. In this regard, smart homes have gained increased attention in both policies and government regulations across the globe.
Europe To Witness The Fastest Growth
Evolving energy policies such as Energiewende and changing consumer preferences have led to a fundamental shift in grid operations to distributed energy resources (DER), with the target to reduce primary energy consumption by 20% by 2020, is driving the deployment of smart grids and smart home infrastructure in Germany.
- Advertising -
The UK government mandates energy suppliers to install smart meters in 26 million homes with the aim that every household in England, Wales and Scotland to have a smart meter by 2020.
Access sample report @ orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2081214
The accelerating smart meter roll-out, growing awareness of the energy crisis coupled with the European directive to reduce 80% of carbon emission by 2050, the UK smart home market is expected to see significant growth over the forecast period. Italy, Russia, France, and Germany are expected to lead the market for HVAC systems, owing to increasing awareness, high per capita income and purchasing power of consumers.
However, the lack of understanding of user’s needs, device compatibility issues as well as consumer concerns for privacy and security are expected to hamper the adoption of smart home devices and solutions.
Energy Management Systems To Witness An Increased Adoption
As the population in across the globe increases, so will the energy demand and per-head consumption. There are costs associated with maintenance and upgradation of aging infrastructure, due to high demand.
This is driving resilience in energy management systems. Smart energy management technologies help utilities and distributors to anticipate and manage loads better, reduce the requirement for costly infrastructure development, and improve service quality and customer satisfaction.
Energy management in smart homes mainly comprises of smart meters, smart appliances, energy management system for devices, and home power generation, all functioning on smart grids. Smart meters are unleashing the potential of power demand management across the world by measuring and smartly managing resources.
An instance of this trend is the ongoing process of voluntary replacement of standard meters with smart meters in high volumes in Europe in the recent years.
Browse Full Report with TOC: orbisresearch.com/reports/index/gl…ecasts-2018-2023
Growing Trend Towards Sustainability
Smart homes are a significant step on the evolutionary ladder for residential spaces, and their primary aim is to make living more comfortable, convenient, secure, entertaining and sustainable. Powered by gadgets and computing technologies, smart homes were the prerogative of the very rich in the past - but no more.
With technological advances in voice control and artificial intelligence, the intelligent assistant is now a viable control center for the connected home. Tech giants and startup attackers have developed solutions delivered through both existing devices and new, stand-alone products.
The supply of mobile entities, the improvement of wireless Internet, the emergence of cloud services, the sophistication of low-energy high-performance energy technologies, and other forms of convergence technologies based Internet of Things (IoT) have opened a new era for smart home technology. IoT-oriented smart home aims to collect human-machine interaction, then analyze, predict, and utilize information in solving life problems.
Based on this, smart Home is shifting to Smart Space, a paradigm that addresses potential personal and societal issues and further provides new value to the world.
The key players in this market include ABB Ltd., Emerson Electric Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Schneider Electric, Siemens AG, Cisco Systems Inc., Ingersoll Rand Plc., General Electric, IBM Corporation and Legrand SA.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018- GRDF Company, launched the world’s largest roll-out of smart gas meters, powered by Oracle technology. GRDF, which serves 90% of France’s gas market, had selected Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management to help it deliver smart metering services to 11 million customers as part of its smart gas meters programme. GRDF began the full-scale replacement of its 11 million mechanical meters with new smart devices, with the aim replace all current gas meters within five years.
- January 2018 - Bell, Canada’s largest communications company announced the availability of its new Whole Home Wi-Fi service. The company’s partnership with Plume, the pioneer of Adaptive WiFiTM, is aimed at making Bell Canada’s first Internet Service Provider to offer an adaptive, whole home Wi-Fi package to customers as a monthly subscription.
- January 2018 - Mitsubishi announced the development of an autonomous platform that enables networked smart appliances to use their sensors and functionalities to cooperate in new home services without the need for cloud computing or internet connection.
This reports helps readers to know
- How the growing trend towards sustainability acts as a driver to the global market scenario?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which solutions and end-user vertical is expected to dominate the market?
- Which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?, Continued…
Table of Content:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
- Research Methodology
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Growing Focus on Sustainability
4.2.2 Government regulations and policies
4.2.3 Growing awareness among consumers
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market, Continued…
- Global Smart Homes Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Security & Surveillance System
5.1.2 Lighting Systems
5.1.3 HVAC&R Control
5.1.4 Energy Management
5.1.5 Entertainment Control
5.2 By Region, Continued…
- Competitive Intelligence
6.1 ABB Ltd.
6.2 Emerson Electric Corporation
6.3 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4 Schneider Electric SE
6.5 Siemens AG, Continued…
- Investement Analysis
- Future of Smart Homes Market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...
For more information: