Cell-based assays have the potential to deliver more information about intracellular molecular targets than conventional methods such as molecular manipulation and random screening. These assays are critical tools for studying cellular mechanisms in a biological context. A variety of cell-based assays are available in the market that cover applications such as cellular functions assessment, toxicity studies, and processes in biological research. The global cell-based assay market accounted for $3,625 million in 2016, and is anticipated to reach $10,618 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 16.5% from 2017 to 2023.
- Advertising -
Rise in adoption of high-throughput screening methods and surge in preference of cell-based assays boost the market growth. In addition, increase in availability of funds for R&D and innovation, and increase in drug delivery activity supplement the growth further.
However, high costs associated with equipment and standardization concerns in cell-based assay methods impede the market growth. Furthermore, increase in adoption of label-free cell-based assays and the untapped emerging countries offer lucrative opportunities for market development.
- Advertising -
The global cell-based assay market is segmented based on product, application, end user, and geography. Based on product, it is divided into consumable, instrument, service, and software.
The consumables segment is further classified into reagents, microplates, probes & labels, assay kits, cell lines, and others. Assay kit segment includes reporter gene assays, cell growth assays, second messenger assays, cell death assays, and others.
The cell line segment is divided into immortalized cell lines, primary cell lines, and stem cell lines. Based on application, the market is categorized into drug discovery; basic research; absorption, distribution, metabolism, & excretion (ADME) studies; predictive toxicology; and others.
On the basis of end user, it is categorized into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, academic & government research institutes, contract research organizations, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players that operate in the global cell-based assay market.
KEY PLAYERS PROFILED
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Danaher Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Merck KGaA
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
- Promega Corporation
KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global cell-based assay market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product assists to understand the trends in the industry.
- Key players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Report : bit.ly/2DxasaX
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Probes & Labels
- Assay Kits
- Reporter Gene Assays
- Cell Growth Assays
- Second Messenger Assays
- Cell Death Assays
- Cell Lines
- Immortalized Cell Lines
- Primary Cell Lines
- Stem Cell Lines
- Other Consumables
- Drug Discovery
- Basic Research
- ADME Studies
- Predictive Toxicology
By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other players in the value chain include (profiles not included in the report):
- Macrogen, Inc.
- New England Biolabs, Inc.
- Cisbio Bioassays
- Cell Biolabs, Inc.
- DiscoverX Corporation
Table Of Content
- CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4 GLOBAL CELL-BASED ASSAY MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- CHAPTER 5 GLOBAL CELL-BASED ASSAY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- CHAPTER 6 GLOBAL CELL-BASED ASSAY MARKET, BY END USERS
- CHAPTER 7 GLOBAL CELL-BASED ASSAY MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- CHAPTER 8 COMPANY PROFILES
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...