Global Distributed Control Systems Market - Segmented by Components (Software, Hardware, Services), End-User Vertical (Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Mining and Metals, Paper and Pulp) and Region - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The global distributed control systems market was valued at USD 16.65 billion in 2017, and is expected to witness a CAGR of 3.86%, over the forecast period (2018 - 2023). In the current competitive scenario, it has become imperative for manufacturers in the process industry to deploy the best possible automation technology to gain a competitive edge.
Although the concept of DCS is slightly dated, it remains the most popular form of design control system, especially for complex systems where redundancy is considered to be one of the most important pre-requisites. DCS allows for controllers to be distributed throughout an entire plant area by directly connecting sensors and actuates to I/O modules through a communication bus.
The deployment of DCS has witnessed a sustained increase in high-risk applications, such as chemical and nuclear reactor facilities, where it is important for process managers to retain elevated levels of control over the entire plant.
Browse details of 108 pages research report developed on Global Distributed Control Systems Market at www.researchcosmos.com/reports/glo…-services/7482068
North America to Dominate the Market over the Forecast Period
The rapidly growing shale gas industry in North America is expected to be a major driver of the distributed control systems market in the region. The shale gas percentage rose from 1% to 20% between 2000 and 2010 and is expected to reach nearly 45% by 2035.
This is expected to result in a parallel growth of the tightly integrated DCS market, which provides sustainability of the process through redundant controls in high-risk environments. This market is currently challenged by reducing oil prices globally, but can be relied upon to be a sizeable industry in the future.
The requirement of a large amount of water in the shale gas extraction has created a market for DCS systems in water treatment facilities as well resulting in a significant growth of the overall market.
Growing Adoption for Smart Applications and IoT Technologies
The advent of smart-field devices and analysis tools have signaled a paradigm shift in the process automation sector. Smart field devices have the knack to automate some testing protocols.
The partial-stroke testing (PST) of emergency shutdown (ESD) valves is now a regular practice in many plants. Smart valves can digitally connect their actuators and positioners to sophisticated asset management platforms that can be programmed to carry out these tests and record necessary performance data with little or no operator intervention.
With the increased adoption of smart devices, there is an increase in the demand for multifunctional microelectronics with reduced time delays and improved performance. The adoption of these devices also proved to be cost-effective with exceptional performance.
The new range of DCS solutions are highly compatible with IoT-enabled devices and smart applications.
Power Generation Vertical Has the Largest Market Share
The power generation industry accounted for the largest market share in the global distributed control systems market. However, the industry has been gradually slowing down, owing to various factors, such as decreasing dependence on primary energy sources for generation, across different demographics.
The emphasis on the use of renewable sources has had a definite impact on the DCS market and has led to its static nature in certain regions. The declining use of nuclear power has also been a major restricting factor for the growth of the DCS market in the power generation industry.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - Yokogawa introduced an AR-based SensPlus Buddy Communication Support Service, which is an easy-to-introduce-and-use solution that improves facility maintenance. With this solution, personnel in the field will have access to support information from their mobile devices.
- October 2017 - OMRON Corporation acquired Microscan Systems Inc. OMRON plans to strive to develop new code reading devices and comprehensive solutions by combining Microscan Systems Inc.'s software technology, which delivers stable reading performance even in demanding conditions, with OMRON's extensive lines of control components and equipment.
- October 2017 - Yokogawa released CENTUM VP R6.05 Integrated Production Control System, an enhanced version of its flagship-integrated production control system. The CENTUM VP control system provides optimum operation, monitoring, and engineering environment for every phase of the plant lifecycle, from engineering, installation, and start-up to maintenance, renovation, upgrade, and end-of-service.
- July 2017 - Weir Group expanded its oil & gas unit in Asia-Pacific with KOP acquisition. Weir Oil & Gas agreed to acquire KOP Surface Products, a provider of advanced pressure control wellhead technologies, systems, and services. KOP has a long history and is currently leading the market in Southeast Asia, with an emerging business in the Middle East.
Key Market Players: ABB GROUP, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC., SIEMENS AG, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC, ROCKWELL AUTOMATION, EMERSON ELECTRIC COMPANY, METSO, OMRON CORPORATION, NOVATECH LLC, AZBIL CORPORATION, TOSHIBA, AND YOKOGAWA ELECTRIC COMPANY, amongst others.
Reasons to Access this Report
- Analysis of the growing adoption of smart applications and IoT technologies acting as a driver to the global market scenario.
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The component and end-user vertical that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!