GlobalData’s "Payments Landscape in Chile: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Chilean cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
- Advertising -
Banco de Chile
Banco de Crédito e Inversiones
CAT Administradora de tarjetas
Banco Itaú Chile
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
- Advertising -
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Chilean cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Chilean cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cheques, credit transfers, direct debit, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Chilean cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
Browse the complete report at orbisresearch.com/reports/index/pa…and-risks-to-2021
- More convenient and faster banking services are emerging as an important driver of the payment card market in Chile. With the aim of offering banking accessibility and a unique consumer experience, in 2016 Santander Chile introduced work/café branches with an integrated banking space, a cafeteria, an open co-working space for meetings, and free Wi-Fi.
The branches offer the normal range of banking products and services as well as customer assistance from bank executives. Likewise, BancoEstado provides Caja Vecina banking terminals which offer all the usual banking products and enable individuals living in remote areas to conduct various banking and payment transactions.
- To improve financial literacy among Chilean individuals, in October 2017 the government-funded Solidarity and Social Investment Fund launched a financial education gaming app called ‘You Decide’ in collaboration with BancoEstado. Players are provided with a virtual budget which they need to manage in the best possible way to meet their assigned financial goal, thereby helping them better understand the concept of finances and savings.
Similarly, in the same month the National Consumer Service launched an educational campaign called ‘Step by Step, better decision’ that focused on imparting financial literacy to elderly Chilean citizens. The program consists of carrying out workshops and talks on financial education.
- As merchants recognize the benefits of switching from traditional POS terminals to ones with more features and mobility, uptake of mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) terminals is increasing. In November 2017, BancoEstado partnered with SumUp to offer mobile card acceptance to small businesses, collectively intending to serve 600,000 SMEs and 1.2 million sole proprietors.
In May 2016 Transbank launched an mPOS solution that enables small businesses and service providers to accept card payments in Chile. The solution involves the conversion of smartphones into POS devices with the help of a wireless pinpad card reader that is connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth.
Reasons to access
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Chilean cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Chilean cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Chilean cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Chile.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chilean cards and payments industry.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...
For more information: