Main companies in the Synthetic Biology market, including Illumina, Inc, New England Biolabs, Precision Biosciences, Royal Dsm Nv, Sgi-Dna Inc., Synthetic and Genomics, Inc.
- Advertising -
This report focuses on the Global Synthetic Biology Market. We analyze key synthetic biology technologies and products to determine present and future market status and forecasted growth from 2017 through 2022.
Top companies of Synthetic Biology industry are 20N LABS INC., ABEONA THERAPEUTICS INC., ACTIVE MOTIF, AEMETIS INC., AGENOVIR, AGERIA, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC., AGILIS BIOTHERAPEUTICS LLC, AGRIMETIS LLC, AGRIVIDA, ALGENUITY, AMBRX INC., AMYRIS INC., ANTHEIA INC., ARAKNITEK, ARANEX BIOTECH, ARDRA BIO INC., ARZEDA CORP., ASTRAZENECA PLC, ATG BIOSYNTHETICS GMBH, ATUM more..
- Advertising -
Synthetic biology industry by market segment, including the following segments: DNA sequencing, DNA synthesis, gene editing, synthetic biology foundries, software, and the following enabled products sectors: agriculture, consumer products, cosmetics/skin care, food and beverages, healthcare, and industrial chemicals.
The role of key strategic alliances and acquisitions from 2016 through 2017 is discussed. Emerging markets including synthetic genes, synthetic biology-enabled drugs and vaccines, genome-edited crops, and chassis organisms, as well as metabolically engineered factories for producing synthetic fuels and specialty chemicals are analyzed, and more than 185 companies in these fields are highlighted.
The synthetic-biology industry consists of three main sets of technologies and products: enabling, core and enabled. Enabling technologies and products are the engine that drives the development of the synthetic biology industry.
Core products and technologiesstandardized DNA parts, synthetic genes and chassis organismsare the key tools by which cellular factories and systems produce enabled products.
Synthetic Biology Market report examines the dynamic synthetic-biology industry, including its technologies and global markets, and notes the leading companies in each of the market segments.
Products enabled by synthetic biology toolspharmaceuticals, chemicals, biofuels and agricultural have large downstream market potential. Synthetic biology technologies add value in each of these downstream industries.
For example, synthetic biology has simplified the commercialization pathway for genome-edited crops in the agriculture industry and enhanced the availability, quality control and testing of novel synthetic genes in the drug development industry.
In November 2017 Sangamo, a gene editing company, announced treatment of the first patient to undergo in-vivo gene editing for Hunters Syndrome. This was the first time that a patient received therapy to edit DNA of cells directly inside of the body.
This marked a new era in gene editing because the edited DNA is integrated permanently into the patients DNA. Sangamos in vivo gene editing product candidates have received Fast Track and Orphan Drug designations from the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration.
- An overview of the global markets for synthetic biology
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Coverage of core synthetic biology products: synthetic genes, other DNA parts, chassis organisms, synthetic cells
- Coverage of enabling technologies: DNA sequencing, oligonucleotides, specialty media, bioinformatics
- Coverage of enabled technologies: biofuels, specialty chemicals, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, agriculture
- Analysis of the synthetic biology industry structure, competitors, and intellectual property landscape
- Assessments of the products and technologies most commercially viable now and in the near future
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Illumina, Inc, New England Biolabs, Precision Biosciences, Royal Dsm Nv, Sgi-Dna Inc., Synthetic and Genomics, Inc