Learn details of the Share, Opportunities, Segmentation and Forecast to 2022
- Agency -.
Low power wide area (LPWA) IoT technologies in unlicensed spectrum are growing in coverage and adoption, while standardized technologies for use in licensed spectrum are to become available later this year. The benefits of low cost, low power and broad coverage (including indoor) address a wide range of different application requirements which cellular, short range wireless and other connectivity options cannot match.
Therefore growth is forecast to be very high. A number of proprietary LPWA technologies are available today, with deployments widening.
- Agency -.
- LPWA technologies provide significant improvements in terms of power consumption, coverage and pricing over cellular and other M2M connectivity technologies, and as a result we expect to see strong adoption in coming years. Between 2015 and 2020, we forecast that cellular M2M connections will grow from 310m to 715m and LPWA M2M connections will grow from 20m to over 860m.
- Smart meters will, by some margin, be the largest application with 45% of total LPWA connections in 2020. Industrial/financial applications will be the second largest, followed by consumer electronics, a broad category where we expect very high growth rates around 2020. Smart city applications, notably intelligent lighting/parking and smart buildings, are forecast to account for 12% of total LPWA connections in 2020. The adoption of LPWA in land vehicle-based applications is expected to be limited.
- North America is initially the largest LPWA region, largely because of the adoption of RPMA devices in predominantly private networks. LoRa and SIGFOX networks are also being rolled out in US. Western Europe is expected to become the largest region in terms of LPWA connections in 2017, but Asia Pacific will overtake it in the following year and by 2020 the latter is expected to represent nearly 46% of the total.
- Deployment of LPWA networks is expected to be much slower in developing markets, where the focus on M2M overall is much more limited. Africa & Middle East, Central & Eastern Europe and Latin America are expected to account for just 14% of LPWA global connections in 2020.
- Mobile network operators are following a number of different approaches, depending on local market conditions, market maturity, degree of international exposure, market position and degree of focus on M2M. Most operators are waiting for 3GPP standard LPWA technologies to be ratified and commercialized. Some operators are backing a range of LPWA technologies, either because they operate across diverse markets which have different needs or for opportunistic reasons, combined with local competition.
‘Low Power Wide Area Internet of Things: Market Forecasts and MNO Approaches’ report provides a detailed overview of the LPWA networks and forecasts globally. It offers a deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the LPWA key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on extensive research findings by
Research consists of the following sections.
- M2M and IoT Definitions and Overview: It provides a brief overview of M2M and IoT definitions, mapping of M2M applications and a comparison of M2M v/s cellular connections on a regional basis.
- LPWA Technology Overview: This section provides a comparative overview of the LWPA wrt to other prevalent traditional cellular technologies.
- Unlicensed LPWA Provider Profiles: It includes the profiles of LPWA providers like SIGFOX, LoRa Alliance, Weightless, Ingenu and their LWPA offerings and deployment details.
- LPWA Technology Assessment: This section provides a comparative overview of LWPA providers and its impact on cellular technology (2G) and various comparisons across the six application categories as specified by Pyramid Research.
- MNO Approaches to LPWA: The various approaches and intent of the MNOs for deployment, support and reselling of the LWPA network services.
- M2M and LPWA Market Forecasts: This provides a detailed forecasts of LWPA technology and cellular M2M connections and revenues across key regions and M2M application categories as classified by Pyramid Research for the period 2014-2020.
- MNO LPWA Case Studies: This section highlights the LWPA deployment case studies by select telcos like KPN, Bouygues, Swisscom, Orange, AT&T and Telefonica and provides an overview of their M2M and IoT offerings and their approach towards adoption of LWPA technologies.
- Key Findings and Recommendations: The report concludes with key findings and a set of recommendations for MNOs, vendors and for unlicensed LPWA service network operators (SNOs).
Reasons to Access
- This report helps executives gain understanding of the different LPWA IoT technologies and adoption trends across various geographies and industry verticals.
- The LPWA IoT competitive landscape is given extra attention, enabling MNOs, vendors and unlicensed LPWA Service Network Operators (SNOs) to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed LPWA IoT perspective will enable MNOs, vendors and unlicensed LPWA Service Network Operators (SNOs) to succeed in LWPA deployment across various regions.
- The report brings several case studies that showcase the main approaches major mobile network operators (MNOs) are following regarding LPWA IoT technologies.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
Table of Content: Key Points
M2M and IoT Definitions and Overview
LPWA Technology Overview
Unlicensed LPWA Provider Profiles
LPWA Technology Assessment
MNO Approaches to LPWA
Deploy proprietary LPWA network
Support range of LPWA technologies
Await 3GPP LPWA standards
Resell LPWA network services
M2M and LPWA Market Forecasts
MNO LPWA Case Studies
Key Findings and Recommendations
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: