Advertising and TDaaS: trends in personal data monetisation Can telcos break the Google / Facebook duopoly? Research report provides Digital advertising market player strategies, Key technologies- RTB, DSPs and SSPs, Geographic area & players and Forecasts.
- Advertising -
The monetisation of personal data is a fundamental and key concept for Internet players, best known in the form of digital advertising. So fundamental, that players such as Google and Facebook generate 90% of their revenues from it.
At the same time, it is these two global web giants who dominate the digital advertising space.
This report looks into detail of this Digital Advertising Market, with market forecasts, player strategies and the ecosystems.
- Advertising -
It touches upon the key technologies such as RTB (real time bidding), programmatic advertising and re-targeting, and also on the new digital players such as ad exchanges, DSPs (Demand Side Platforms) and SSPs (Supply Side Platforms).
It then looks into the current state of telcos in the monetisation of personal data and the various strategies taken, ranging from internal use to more aggressive TDaaS (Telecom data as a Service; aggregated data sales) initiatives and zero-rating offerings.
Finally, the report analyses the market potential for the telcos and concludes with a market sizing forecast for the telcos in the monetisation of personal data.
Geographic area & Players (Actors) : AIS, Altice, Amazon, Amobee DSP, AOL, Apple, AT&T, Beeline, Bharti Airtel, China Data Centre Alliance, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, Cox, CRTC, DataSift, Deezer, DirecTV, Dish, Djezzy, ECC, EE, Ericsson, Experian, Facebook, FCC, Globe Telecom, Google, Innove, O2, Oath, Optus, QQ, SFR, Sina Weibo, Singtel, Sony Pictures, Sprint, Synergic Partners, Tapad, Teads, Telefónica, Telenor, Telkomsel, Tencent, Turn, Uber, Veon, Verizon, Videology, Vodafone, Warner Bros, WeChat, WindTre, Yahoo!, YouTube
The digital advertising market
The new programmatic value chain, and the dominance of Google and Facebook
- Global online ad market growing to 268 billion EUR by 2021, 50%+ from mobile
- A growing market, largely dominated by Google and Facebook
- Quick guide to the key technologies within programmatic advertising
- Real-time bidding (RTB) is at the heart of the growing programmatic market
- The New Players in the age of digital advertising: ad exchanges, DSPs and SSPs
- The bidding process via ad exchanges, DSPs and SSPs
The potential for telcos in monetising personal data
How the telcos can compete with the OTTs in their own backyard
- The GAFAM and BAT are valued higher than telcos with respect to revenues earned
- The telcos, though, have a wealth of monetisable personal data – theoretically
- Various approaches and strategies of data monetisation by the telcos
- TDaaS: aggregated and anonymised data sales
- Zero rating: use of apps without incurring data fees
- Telcos hold the advantage in quality data, especially real-time location data
- Telcos are expected to take 7% of data monetisation market by 2021
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The digital advertising market
- The telco potential in monetising data
- Markets and forecasts
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: ReportsnReports.com provides market research reports to industries, individuals and organizations with an objective of helping them in their decision-making process. Our library of 400,000+ industry & country research reports covers 5000+ micro markets.
For more information: