The SDN, NFV & Network Virtualization Ecosystem: 2017 2030 Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts report presents an in-depth assessment of the SDN, NFV and network virtualization ecosystem including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, use cases, deployment case studies, regulatory landscape, standardization, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies.
Service provider SDN and NFV investments to reach $22 Billion by 2020
While the advantages of SDN (Software Defined Networking) and network virtualization are well known in the enterprise IT and data center world, both technologies also bring a host of benefits to the telecommunications service provider community. Not only can these technologies help address the explosive capacity demand of mobile traffic, but they can also reduce the CapEx and OpEx burden faced by service providers to handle this demand by diminishing reliance on expensive proprietary hardware platforms.
The recognition of these benefits has led to the emergence of the NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) concept that seeks to virtualize and effectively consolidate many service provider network elements onto multi-tenant industry-standard servers, switches and storage.
Service providers both mobile and fixed-line have already begun making significant investments in SDN and NFV across a number of use cases including but not limited to uCPE/vCPE, SD-WAN, vEPC, vIMS, Cloud RAN and vCDN.
SNS Research estimates that service provider SDN and NFV investments will grow at a CAGR of approximately 45% between 2017 and 2020, eventually accounting for nearly $22 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
The report also presents market size forecasts from 2017 till 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 10 submarkets, 2 user base categories, 9 functional areas, 6 regions and 34 countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- SDN, NFV and network virtualization ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Enabling technologies, protocols, architecture and key trends
- SDN and NFV use cases across service provider, data center and enterprise networks
- Commercial SDN and NFV deployments including 10 comprehensive case studies
- Review of key functional areas including uCPE/vCPE, SD-WAN, data center SDN, vEPC, vIMS, Cloud RAN and vCDN
- Assessment of CapEx savings potential of service provider SDN and NFV investments
- Management and orchestration platforms for software-centric networks
- Standardization, regulatory and collaborative initiatives
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of over 270 ecosystem players including SDN/NFV specialists
- Strategic recommendations for enabling technology providers, network infrastructure vendors, IT giants, pure-play SDN/NFV specialists, enterprises, data center operators and service providers
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2017 till 2030
Full report with Table of Content: marketreportscenter.com/reports/56…ategies-forecasts
Table of Content
Chapter 1: Introduction
Key Questions Answered
Companies & Organizations Mentioned
Chapter 2: An Overview of SDN, NFV & Network Virtualization
What is Network Virtualization?
What is SDN (Software Defined Networking)?
BGP-TE (Border Gateway Protocol Traffic Engineering)
PCEP (Path Computation Element Protocol)
I2RS (Interface to the Routing System)
VxLAN (Virtual Extensible LAN)
ALTO (Application Layer Traffic Optimization)
IETF Software Driven Networks
SDN Implementation Approaches
Network Virtualization Approach
The Central Control Approach
What is NFV (Network Functions Virtualization)?
NFV Enabling Technologies
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Market Reports Center is an e-commerce platform obliging the needs of knowledge workers, experts, professionals who are subject to market research information for their work, or to make strategic business decisions. We are dedicated to create a comprehensive offering of market research which is accurate, credible and affordable. Market Reports Center currently has more than 1,20,000 plus titles and 30+ Publishers on our platform and growing consistently. We cover more than 35 industry verticals ...
For more information: