Software defined networking (SDN) is a technology that creates a global view of network to provide centralized, intelligence-based network control by separating the control logic from off-device computer resources.
This technology has redefined the networking architecture by providing a flexible way to manage and control complex networks through efficient resource and data traffic management. Communication providers are increasingly adopting SDN for improved agility and robustness, ease in network congestion, cost and time efficiency, flexibility in network infrastructure, automation of tasks, and rapid innovation.
Varying network conditions and application demands encouraged industries, including BFSI, telecom, education, defense, and manufacturing among others, to implement this emerging networking technology. Complex network traffic patterns, increasing cloud computing services, need for mobility services and efficient infrastructure, and big data analytics are the major factors that drive the market growth.
On the other hand, lack of standardization and awareness among enterprises is likely to limit its growth. The increasing adoption of cloud computing services and need for technological advancement are expected to create numerous growth opportunities for the market.
Leading players and their key business strategies are analyzed in the report to gain a competitive insight into the market. The key vendors of SDN market offer various solutions to manage and control the complexity of networking.
In addition, acquisitions and partnerships are the strategies employed by key players to enhance their offerings and expand their customer base. For instance, in December 2014, Dell Inc.
collaborated with Cumulus Networks to start Midokura, a software defined network start-up which provides network virtualization solution available for Dell’s hardware and the network operating system of Linux. In April 2015, Cisco Systems Inc.
acquired Embrane Inc., a software defined networking firm to extend its product offerings and expand its customer base. Other leading players in the market include Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Company, International Business Machines Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., NEC Corporation, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., Big Switch Networks, Inc., Extreme Networks, Inc., and VMware, Inc.
The world software defined networking market is segmented on the basis of solution, end user, vertical, and geography. Based on the solution, the market is segmented into physical network infrastructure, virtualization and control software, professional services, and SDN applications & network services.
The end-user segment is categorized into telecommunication service providers, cloud service providers, and enterprises. Software defined networking is implemented across domains such as IT, consumer goods & retail, BFSI, defense, telecom, healthcare, and others.
This report comprises a detailed geographic distribution of the market across North America, Europe, APAC, and LAMEA.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of software defined networking market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current trends and future estimations have been outlined to determine the overall market potential and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations during the forecast period has been provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porter’s five forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers and suppliers.
- Value chain analysis provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved.
The market is segmented on the basis of solution, end user, vertical, and geography.
MARKET BY SOLUTION
- Physical network infrastructure
- Virtualization and control software
- Professional services
- SDN applications & network services
MARKET BY END USER
- Telecommunication service providers
- Cloud service providers
MARKET BY VERTICAL
- Consumer goods & retail
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Dell Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
- Big Switch Networks, Inc.
- Extreme Networks, Inc.
- VMware, Inc.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...