Brain computer interface is also referred to as direct neural interface, synthetic telepathy interface, brain machine interface or mind machine interface.
- Advertising -
Brain computer interface (BCI) is a system that facilitates a direct communication channel between the brain and the peripheral devices, which are used to calibrate the movement in physically challenged individuals. A BCI system records the brain signals from the surface of the cortex, from devices implanted within the brain or from the sensors placed over the scalp.
These signals are then transmitted to the peripheral device that enables the user to perform numerous tasks. With the help of a BCI system, the paralyzed and handicapped individuals can overcome their physical challenges and perform various day-to-day tasks.
- Advertising -
The primary function of the BCI device is to intercept the electrical signals that pass between the neurons and transmit them to an external device. Technological developments in the field of computation, human sensing, entertainment, gaming, and communication and control, is a major factor that will drive the BCI market.
|Request Sample At @|
Intensive research carried out to develop a cure for fatal brain disorders and injuries, and the rising number of government funding with a view to encourage BCI research studies are likely to boost the market. However, the ethical problem faced during the research i.e., to use BCI to treat patients whose informed consent cannot be obtained, can act as a restraint for the BCI market.
In most of the cases, it is not possible to define or restrict the amount of information that can be retrieved from the patient. BCI is comparatively a naïve technology and many of its applications are yet to be commercialized and are a part of laboratory research.
The brain computer interface market is segmented based on type, application and geography. The type segment includes invasive BCI, non-invasive BCI and partially invasive BCI technology.
Based on the analysis and forecast, the non-invasive BCI technology segment is expected to lead the market from 2014 to 2020. On the basis of application, the global BCI market is segmented into communication and control, healthcare, smart home control, gaming and entertainment and others.
The healthcare application of BCI technology is forecasted to be the largest market followed by the gaming and entertainment segment. Based on geography, the global BCI market covers North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East and Africa).
Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc., Nihon Kohden Corporation, Guger Technologies OEG and Mind Solutions Inc. are some of the key players profiled in this report.
|Enquire About Report At: www.researchbeam.com/brain-compute…uire-about-report|
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the brain computer interface market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013–2020 are provided to showcase the financial appetency of the market
- Porter’s five forces model and a SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding on the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain
KEY MARKET SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application and geography.
MARKET BY TYPE
- Partially invasive
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Communication and control
- Gaming and entertainment
- Smart home control
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Mind Solutions Inc.
- Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc.
- Quantum Applied Science and Research, Inc.
- Cadwell Laboratories Inc.
- Cortech Solutions, Inc.
- NeuroSky, Inc.
- Emotiv, Inc.
- Guger Technologies OEG
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...
For more information: