The report includes a rounded analysis of the global market to identify key drivers and challenges across the globe, while the regional analysis helps identity key factors on a micro level.
In 2017, the global desktop virtualization market was valued at USD 4982.4 million and is expected to reach a value of USD 8957.4 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of about 10.27% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period).
Desktop virtualization separates personal computing desktop environment from a physical machine, using the client-server model of computing. This virtualization technique has become a mainstream IT strategy for companies of all sizes.
Virtualization is particularly valuable to the small and medium businesses, as it lowers the expenditure for hardware, and reduces the system administration and maintenance costs.
Request for sample PDF of Desktop Virtualization Market at: orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2095408
With business mobility and cloud computing transforming the IT sector, the desktop virtualization is expected to enable this transition. It helps meet the needs of users more effectively and securely.
It allows employees to access high-performance applications, by enabling hardware-based GPU sharing via a secure connection from any device.
Growing Demand for ‘Bring Your Own Devices’ (BYOD) in Workplaces is driving the Market
Organizations are constantly opting for solutions that can channel a large number of computing devices, and create advanced communication infrastructure. With data and applications breaking the boundaries of desktops, by being available on multiple devices, the concept of integrated workplace is diminishing.
Policies, like ‘bring your own device’ are increasing the number of devices that need to be consolidated with enterprise networks. Mobile workers account for nearly 90% of the workforce in the United States.
Mobility offers improved productivity and collaboration of all geographically distributed offices. The technology integrates and streamlines communications across various branches.
With desktop virtualization, the costs associated with individual relocations and setting up newer facilities can be significantly cut down.
Read more details of the report at: orbisresearch.com/reports/index/gl…recasts-2018-2023
Healthcare the Fastest Growing Sector
The healthcare industry is one of the fastest-growing verticals, in terms of adopting desktop virtualization. With most of the healthcare units, including clinics, hospitals, and emergency units, adopting these systems, the demand for VDI in healthcare industry is expected to grow, exponentially.
Desktop virtualization finds applications in many healthcare operations, such as patient care. On mobile devices, virtual desktops provide access to patient information.
Emergency units are utilizing these systems, to analyze patient data for proper care. Administrative offices are also increasingly adopting these systems, to take the advantage of their flexibility.
Asia-Pacific to Grow at a Faster Pace
Asia-Pacific is a hub for the major IT outsourcing destinations for the major market players, across industry verticals. Even though the desktop virtualization deployments in the region are not at par with the developed economies, there is an enormous untapped potential in these developed economies.
Many market players are increasing their presence in the region, to capture the growing market of the region. By the end of the forecast period, the number of VDI users is expected to cross 23 million.
Also, around 45% desktop virtualization solutions are likely to be delivered through the cloud by 2023.
Major Players: Citrix Systems Inc., Toshiba Corporation, IBM, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Microsoft Corporation, Parallels International GmbH, Dell Inc., Red Hat Inc., NComputing, Ericom Software Inc.
Teams, and VMware Inc., among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017 - Citrix System’s XenApp and XenDesktop services were deployed on Oracle Cloud Marketplace, to enable consumers to provide a workforce with more security to business apps and data, on any device, with an advantage of scale, power, and the reliability of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- December 2017 - Huawei launched OpenLab in Cairo, Egypt, to build Information Technology Communication ecosystem in the Northern Africa, in response to digital transformation.
- November 2017 - IBM announced the successful testing of a fully integrated Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) Si photonics chip for Big Data and cloud services, enabling the download of an entire HD digital movie in two seconds.
- June 2017 - Microsoft acquired Cloudyn, a company that helps enterprises and managed service providers optimize their investments in cloud services. This acquisition is expected to accelerate the digital transformation for customers and partners with Azure.
Reasons to Access this Report
- Adoption of cloud computing acting as a driver to the global market scenario
- Various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The end-user vertical expected to dominate the market
- The regions are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Citrix Systems Inc., Toshiba Corporation, IBM Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Parallels International GmbH, Dell Inc., Red Hat Inc., Ncomputing, Inc., Ericom Software Inc., VMware Inc.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...