Transformer oil also known as dielectric insulating oil. It is obtained by subsequent treatment of crude oil or by fractional distillation.
- Agency -.
Get Sample Report @
Covered In This Report:
Basically, transformer oil is used as a coolant and as electric insulation in electric transformers. Additionally, it aids to preserve the core and winding, fully immersed inside oil and also prevents direct contact of atmospheric oxygen with cellulose made paper insulation of windings, which is susceptible to oxidation.
- Agency -.
The global transformer oil market is dominated by mineral oil forms namely, naphthenic and paraffinic, which accounts for 90.0% of the overall market. Owing to easy availability of naphthenic oil, it is estimated to retain its dominance through the forecast period.
However, prominent trends in the market such as increasing environmental concerns and increasing stringent regulations regarding fire safety are anticipated to boost market demand for bio based and silicone oil over the forecast period. Transformer oil is a dielectric oil used as coolant in various types of transformers.
The global transformer oil market is segmented on the basis of application as large transformers (>200 MVA), small transformers (<200 MVA), and utility & others (high voltage switches). On basis of application, large transformer accounted for largest market share in 2015, it is anticipated to be the dominating application segment throughout the forecast period.
Thus, the increasing transition from non-renewable to renewable energy sources is estimated to boost demand for large transformers over the forecast period.
The Key Players in Transformer Oil Market are Nynas AB, Ergon Inc, Calumet Specialty Products Partners L.P, APAR Industries Limited, Petro China, Sinopec Group, Hydrodec Group Plc, Cargill Inc, Engen Petroleum Limited, Valvoline International, Inc, San Joaquin Refining Co. Inc., Gandhar Oil Refinery India Limited and others.
Objectives of Global Transformer Oil Market
- To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments of the global transformer oil market.
- To provide insights about factors influencing and affecting the market growth.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to – Regional markets and their countries
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments based on by type, by application and by region for global transformer oil market.
- To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their market share, core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market.
- To provide Economical factors that influences the global transformer oil market.
- Transformer oil Market is expected to grow at compound annual growth rate of 8.29% from year 2016 to year 2022.
- Asia-Pacific accounts for 40% market share in 2014 and is expected to be dominating the market of Transformer oil throughout the forecast period.
- By type, Naphthenic oil accounts for the largest market share of 55% in the global market, followed by Paraffinic.
- By Application, large transformer accounts for the largest market share of 49.00% in the global market, followed by small transformer.
Regional and Country Analysis of Transformer Oil Market
The global Transformer oil market is expected to reach USD 3641.1 million by the end of forecasted period i.e. 2022. Asia-Pacific has accounted the largest market share followed by North America and Europe.
The Asia Pacific region offers huge growth potential for Transformer oil market and is slated to register the highest CAGR of 9.28% to reach USD 879.3 million by 2022 owing to the presence of large number of producers, cheap labor cost and growing exports.
The reports also covers country level analysis:
- North America
o United Kingdom
o Rest of Europe
- Asia – Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Make An Enquiry On This Report@ .
Table of Contents
1 Report Prologue 15
2 Introduction 16
2.1 Definition 17
2.2 Scope of the Study 17
2.3 Research Objective 17
2.4 Assumptions & Limitations 18
2.4.1 Assumptions 18
2.4.2 Limitations 18
2.5 Market Structure 18
3 Research Methodology 19
3.1 Research Process 19
3.2 Primary Research 20
3.3 Secondary Research 20
3.4 Market Size Estimation 20
4 Market Dynamics 23
4.1 Introduction 23
4.2 Market Drivers 24
4.2.1 Electricity Grid Expansion Owing to Increasing Energy Demand in Developing Countries in Asia 24
4.2.2 Increasing Transition to Renewable Energy Sources 25
4.2.3 Power Grid Up gradation in Europe & North America 26
4.3 Market Restraints 26
4.3.1 Increasing Demand of Dry Type Transformers May Restraint The Market Growth 27
4.3.2 Fluctuating Raw Material Prices 27
4.4 Trends 27
4.4.1 Increasing use of Bio based Transformer Oil 27
4.4.2 Growing Demand of Silicone based Oil Owing to Its Fire Resistant Properties 28
4.5 Opportunity 28
4.5.1 New Power Grid Projects in Brazil & Middle East Markets 28
4.6 Value chain analysis 29
4.6.1 Raw Material Suppliers 29
4.6.2 Transformer Oil Manufacturers 29
4.6.3 Distributor/Supplier 29
4.6.4 End Users 30
4.7 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis 30
4.7.1 Threat from New Entrants 30
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers 31
4.7.3 Bargaining Power of Supplier 31
4.7.4 Threat from Substitutes 31
4.7.5 Threat of Rivalry 32
5 Transformer Oil Market, By Type 33
5.1 Introduction 33
5.2 Naphthenic 35
5.3 Paraffinic 41
5.4 Silicone Based Transformer Oil 47
5.5 Bio Based Transformer Oil 54
Enquire Now @
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: