Squalene is commonly found in large quantities in shark liver oil.
- Advertising -
Squalene market is a natural oily liquid hydrocarbon found in plants and animals.
It is the most common lipid produced by human skin cells, making up approximately 10 percent of our sebum. The rise in demand from different applications such as cosmetics and pharmaceuticals and its benefits on human health fuel the squalene market.
- Advertising -
The global squalene market is anticipated to reach $214 million by 2022 compared to $110 million in 2015 growing at a CAGR of 10.1% during the forecast period. It is segmented based on source, end-use industry, and geography.
The rise in awareness of its health benefits has resulted in the increased demand for squalene. Also, the steady rise in the cosmetics industry and increase in disposable income in developing countries such as China and India are responsible for the increase in demand for squalene in the region.
In addition, it is used in health foods, vaccines, and as a high-grade machine lubricant.
Based on the source, squalene market is segmented as shark liver, vegetables, and synthetic biotechnology. Vegetable-sourced squalene is expected to be the fastest-growing segment due to its renewable nature, steady availability of raw material, and regulations regarding animal-sourced squalene.
Based on the end-use industry, squalene market is segmented as cosmetics, food supplements, and healthcare. Cosmetics industry dominated the squalene market in 2015, owing to the rise in awareness for using high quality products and willingness to pay premium prices for high quality products.
Region-wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Europe led the market in 2015, and is anticipated to maintain this trend during the forecast period owing to vast potential that can be realized soon because of the growth of various end-use industries.
The use of animal-sourced squalene dominates the Asia-Pacific market owing to high investments in the cosmetics end-use industry in China, Japan, and South Korea.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends, future estimations, and dynamics from 2014 to 2022 of the global squalene market, which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Geographically, the market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis predicts the applications that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors highlights the competitive scenario across the geographies
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which portrays the competitive outlook
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: With the arsenal of different search reports, we help you here to look and buy research reports that will be helpful to you and your organization. Our research reports have the capability and authenticity to support your organization for growth and consistency. With the window of opportunity getting open and shut at a speed of light, it has become very important to survive in the market and only the fittest and competent enough can do so. So, we try and provide with latest changes in the market ...
For more information: