Glass has been an important material for research related to the intelligent building designs. The use of single, double, and triple glazing units with inert gas filling and invisible low-emissivity coatings, active and passive glass technologies are being used in windows, doors, windshields, sunroofs, to maximise or limit solar heat gains depending upon the external weather conditions. Energy efficient glass is conventional glass integrated with technology, glazing, or coatings to enhance conservation of energy.
The imminent energy crisis, globally, is causing a shift towards energy efficient glass, and considerable research is being done to develop the low power-consuming technologies. The term ‘energy efficient’ is defined for anything that helps in conserving energy by using less energy for the same service. For instance, smart glass is more energy efficient over the conventional glass due to its property of reflecting heat in the required direction, thereby conserving energy and reducing the HVAC costs of the buildings.
According to the latest report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Energy Efficient Glass Mark…is (2017 to 2026)’, the global energy efficient glass market is anticipated to grow at a robust Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.5% from 2016 to 2026.
This enormous growth is being projected due to the various benefits provided by the energy efficient glass such as reduction in carbon emissions, energy consumption, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) bills of a building, and increased fuel efficiency in vehicles over conventional glass, among others.
The energy efficient glass industry is also being driven by the increasing size of the glass construction and transportation industry with significant reduction in energy bills, further leading to the mass energy savings. Rapid growth in the urban population and the increasing stringent governmental regulations to reduce the limit of carbon emissions in the emerging countries are projected to act as the other growth accelerating factors for the overall growth of the market, in the next five years. The high initial set-up costs, low awareness about the smart glass products, and technological barriers are some of the factors expected to act as the chief growth inhibitors, in the next five years.
Few Companies Mentioned in the Report:
- Asahi Glass
- Corning Inc.
- E.I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Guardian Glass
- Glass Apps
- Morley Glass & Glazing
- Nippon Sheet Glass
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Research Frontiers, Inc.
- Saint Gobain SA
- Sage Electrochromics
- Smartglass International Ltd.
- View Inc
Key questions addressed in the report:
- What was the size, in terms of value ($million) of the energy efficient glass market in 2016, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period, 2016-2026?
- What are the different product types of the energy efficient glass market by the respective manufacturers?
- What was the revenue generation of the energy efficient glass market for different technologies and sub-technologies in 2016 and what is their futuristic growth prospect?
- What is the market size of different end-user industries and sub-end-user industries, in terms of value and their respective growth prospects and key developments?
- What is the energy efficient glass market size for different regions, on the basis of various technologies, glazing type, and end-user industries?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market, pertaining to the countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of the energy efficient glass market?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for the energy efficient glass market during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global energy efficient glass market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the energy efficient glass market by analyzing through market share analysis?
- Who are the key market players in the market? What are their financials, key products & services, and SWOT analysis?
Request Sample: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=408&type=download
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...