The world bone grafts and substitutes market was $2,443 million in 2015 and is expected to reach $3,397 million by 2022 with a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period. Rise in incidences of musculoskeletal disorders, development of biocompatible synthetic bone grafts, technological advancements in medical field leading to a shift from autograft to allograft drive the bone grafts and substitutes market.
Research Beam added report on “World Bone Grafts and Substitutes Market Technology, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Research – Bone Grafts and Substitutes Market by Product (Allografts, Bone Grafts Substitutes and Cell Based Matrices), by Application (Spinal Fusion, Long Bone, Foot & Ankle, Craniomaxilofacial, Joint Reconstruction and Dental Bone Grafting) - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2014-2022”
Bone grafts are implantable materials that promote bone healing through its osteoconductive, osteogenic, and osteoinductive mechanisms. The bone grafts are used in surgical procedures such as spinal fusion surgeries, bone replacement, ensuring new bone formation and repair of bone fractures.
Moreover, bone grafting also has applications in treatment of various bone related disorders such as congenital pseudoarthrosis, dental bone grafting problems, and complex fractures. Allografts, synthetic bone grafts, and demineralized bone matrix are the most commonly used bone grafts worldwide.
- Advertising -
- Premium. -
According to National Health Interview Survey, in 2012, around 126 million adults were affected by musculoskeletal disorders in U.S. Moreover, the 2014-2015 estimates from Labor Force Survey (LFS) showed 553,000 cases out of a total of 1,243,000 for all work related musculoskeletal disorder.
These estimates are expected to boost the demand for bone grafts and its substitutes in the coming years. In addition, increase in cases of lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and obesity add to the risk of developing degenerative joint diseases that further fuel the growth of the market.
On the other hand, high cost of surgeries and ethical issues related with bone grafting procedures restrict the market growth. Conversely, emerging markets, rise in interests of key players towards R&D activities in bone grafts and its substitutes, and increase in demand for orthopedic procedures particularly in geriatric population is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for growth of the market in near future.
The report segments the market based upon product type, application, and geography. Based on product type, the market is segmented into allografts, bone grafts substitutes, and cell based matrices.
The allografts are further categorized to machined allografts and demineralized bone matrix. The bone graft substitutes segment is further classified into bone morphogenic proteins (BMP) and synthetic bone grafts.
Based on applications, the market is segmented into spinal fusion, trauma, craniomaxilofacial, joint reconstruction, and dental bone grafting. Geographically, the market is segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Get Sample Copy @ www.researchbeam.com/bone-graft-substitutes-market/request-sample
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis for the period of 2014-2022 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on products helps understand the type of devices used to treat musculoskeletal disorders and degenerative joints diseases.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions help determine the prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players and their strategies are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the overall market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Ask for Report @ www.researchbeam.com/bone-graft-substitutes-market/purchase-enquiry
For more information: