OpportunityAnalyzer: Ovarian Cancer - 2017
- Agency -.
WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “OpportunityAnalyzer: Ovarian Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts”.
Ovarian cancer is the fifth most common malignancy in women and is the leading cause of death amongst gynecological cancers. Due to the nonspecific nature of disease symptoms, the majority of ovarian cancer patients are diagnosed with advanced-stage disease, at which point the prognosis is poor.
Current standard of care therapies focus on debulking surgery and platinum-based chemotherapy, with carboplatin and paclitaxel being the gold standard. The majority of patients respond well to initial first-line therapy and enter into remission, however over 80% of patients will relapse and require multiple lines of therapy.
For many years the ovarian cancer drug market has been fairly stagnant, mainly due to the high use of generics and the lack of successful development of new innovative therapies. However, with the recent approvals of Avastin and the PARP inhibitors Lynparza (olaparib), Rubraca (rucaparib), and Zejula (niraparib), the market is beginning to diversify.
- Agency -.
New understanding of the heterogeneity and biology of ovarian cancer has led to the active development of new targeted therapies, immuno-oncology (IO) drugs, and next-generation chemotherapies. A greater understanding of the tumor microenvironment is expected to occur over the forecast period, which is anticipated to further drive the successful development of new patient-specific therapies.
GlobalData is predicting a total of 9 new entrants to launch over the forecast period from 2015-2025. Competition will be particularly fierce amongst PARP inhibitors as they continue to establish their place in the treatment paradigm of ovarian cancer.
- Agency -.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the ovarian cancer market landscape in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) change from 2015-2025?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs in ovarian cancer?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare with one another, and against existing treatment options?
- What are the unmet needs in ovarian cancer treatment management?
- What drivers and barriers will affect ovarian cancer therapeutics sales in the 7MM over the forecast period?
- Overview of ovarian cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
- Topline ovarian cancer market revenue from 2015-2025. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting ovarian cancer therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the 7MM ovarian cancer therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges.
Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to –
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM ovarian cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the ovarian cancer therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Ovarian Cancer: Executive Summary 10
2.1 Dramatic Growth, Driven by the Establishment of Standard of Care Maintenance Therapies, Is Projected for the 7MM Ovarian Cancer Market from 2015 to 2025 10
2.2 AstraZeneca, Tesaro, and Clovis are Poised for a Showdown in the PARP Inhibitor Ovarian Cancer Treatment Market for BRCA+, BRCA-like, and All Comers 12
List of Tables
Table 1: Ovarian Cancer: Key Metrics in the 7MM 10
Table 2: FIGO Guidelines: Staging Classification for Cancer of the Ovary, Fallopian Tube, and Peritoneum 24
Table 3: FDA Recommendations for Screening Tests for Women and Physicians, 2016 26
Table 4: Risk Factors of OC 29
Table 5: 7MM, Sources Used to Forecast the Diagnosed Incident Cases of OC and PPC 31
List of Figures
Figure 1: 7MM Sales from Therapeutic Agents by Region, 2015 and 2025 12
Figure 2: Competitive Assessment of Key Ovarian Cancer Pipeline Products, 2017 15
Figure 3: Selected Types of Ovarian Cancer and Other Closely Related Neoplasms 23
Figure 4: Risk Factors and Symptoms Suggestive of Ovarian Cancer 25
Figure 5: 7MM, Diagnosed Incidence Rate of OC, Cases per 100,000, All Ages, Women, 1998─2007 30
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: