The report tracks the major market events including product launches, technological developments, mergers & acquisitions, and the innovative business strategies opted by key market players. Along with strategically analyzing the key micro markets, the report also focuses on industry-specific drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges in the intravenous (IV) therapy and vein access market. The scope of this report covers the intravenous (IV) therapy and vein access market by its major segments, which include the types, applications, and the major geographic regions.
The global market for intravenous and vein access devices encompasses a variety of devices such as peripheral venous access, central venous access, ambulatory infusion, enteral feeding, syringe infusion, implantable pumps and diabetes insulin infusion devices. These devices are used for intravenous administration of drugs, fluid infusion, blood sampling, venous pressure monitoring, blood and transfusion.
Implantable ports, catheters, syringes, needles and needless connectors are examples of various intravenous therapy and vein access devices. Some of the commercially available products are Patrol Enteral Feeding Pump and Pump sets by Abbott Nutrition and Omni Pod Insulin Pump by Insulet Corporation.
KEY PREMIUM INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
- The prevalence of diabetes, increasing rates of road accidents and increasing number of surgical procedures is expected to drive the intravenous therapy and vein access devices market in coming six years. Increasing demand for advanced techniques such as needleless administration of drugs is also a vital driver for this market.
- Every day many healthcare workers handle drugs in hospitals and other healthcare centers. In spite of precaution measures availability, there remains risk of exposure to these drugs during procedures. Such exposures may occur through, ingestion, absorption, accidental inhalation or dermal contact of minimal amount of these drugs which may lead to variety of health problems.
- Overcoming all these issues to ensure a safe IV therapy additionally drives the growth for this market. The IV therapy and vein access devices are used for fluid infusion, blood transfusion, administration of drugs, venous pressure monitoring and blood sampling.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
Key players in the intravenous (IV) therapy and vein access market include:
- BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY
- B.BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- TERUMO MEDICAL CORPORATION
- TELEFLEX MEDICAL INC.
- MEDTRONIC INC.
- SMITH & NEPHEW PLC.
- ANGIODYNAMICS, INC.
- PFIZER INC.
- INSULET CORPORATION
- FRESENIUS SE & CO. KGAA
Geographically, North America accounted for the highest share of the market in 2016, followed by Europe. Conversely, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at the highest rate regionally during the analysis period, due to increase in pool of patient population, rise in prevalence of road accidents, surge in trauma cases, and increase in government investments for the development of better healthcare facilities and R&D activities.
Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as the area with maximum growth potential due to the focus of key players in the emerging economies and improvement in healthcare infrastructure.
Browse Report: www.scalarmarketresearch.com/marke…ein-access-market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Scalar Market Research Inc. aspires to assist organizations from around the world to achieve their business goal with premium market research reports and consulting services. Our real-time industry tracking with the help of advanced analytics offers acrystal clear view of all the activities in niche markets. Our team, with thorough global understanding, works relentlessly to gather the necessary market insights, including customer analysis, competitions and global forecast. Find out more about ...
For more information: