Venous Thromboembolism Therapeutics strategies and Product Pipeline Review 2026
- Restart your WhaTech membership at anytime. -
Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is a disease that includes a myriad of life-threatening disorders ranging from pulmonary embolism (PE) to deep vein thrombosis (DVT. The condition is relatively prevalent and is associated with long-term mortality and morbidity.
VTE occurs when a thrombus (blood clot) forms in an individual’s deep vein, owing to either changes in the components of their blood, damage to the endothelium in the vasculature, and/or changes in the flow of blood).
- Restart your WhaTech membership at anytime. -
Consequently, the vast majority of patients presenting with symptomatic pulmonary embolism also suffer from deep vein thrombosis, and many individuals diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis display pulmonary embolism that is asymptomatic. VTE can arise in both non-hospitalized and hospitalized individuals, repeatedly returns, and can cause chronic complications, such as post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS) or chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH).
Key Questions Answered
- The NOACs will see a significant increase in patient shares for the treatment of VTE and VTE primary prophylaxis against the established vitamin K antagonists and heparins. However, there are considerably high unmet needs within the indication.
What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the VTE market?
- The current late-stage VTE pipeline consists of betrixaban and Xarelto for thromboprophylaxis in acute medically ill patients, as well as first in class Factor XI inhibitor, IONIS-FXIRX and vitamin K antagonist, tecarfarin. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the VTE market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- We have seen a significant increase in the VTE population, in terms of diagnosed incidence and recurrent attacks, as well as an increase in the prophylaxis population. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
- Overview of VTE, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized VTE therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the VTE therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global VTE therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to access
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global VTE therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global VTE therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global VTE therapeutics market from 2016-2026.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Executive Summary 11
2.1 Sales for Venous Thromboembolism by Region, 2016-2026 12
2.2 VTE Primary Prophylaxis Treatments Will Promote Market Growth 13
2.3 Big Pharma Fuels Confidence in VTE Treatments via CV Label Expansions 14
2.4 Betrixaban to Acquire Critical Market Position by Addressing Unmet Needs 15
2.5 Opportunities Remain: The VTE Market Requires a Transformational Therapy 15
2.6 What Do Physicians Think? 16
3 Introduction 18
3.1 Catalyst 18
3.2 Related Reports 19
4 Disease Overview 20
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 20
4.1.1 Etiology 20
4.1.2 Pathophysiology 20
4.2 Symptoms 21
4.3 Prognosis 22
4.4 Quality of Life 23
5 Epidemiology 24
5.1 Disease Background 24
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 25
5.3 Global and Historical Trends 26
5.4 Forecast Methodology 29
5.4.1 Sources 29
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 32
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for VTE (2016-2026) 45
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Pulmonary Embolism 45
ACCESS REPORT at www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/193…-analysis-to-2026
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!