Cancer is one of the leading causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide and according to World Health Organization (WHO), the number of new cases is expected to rise by about 70% over the next 20 years. Cancer begins with genetic changes impairing the orderly cell growth process. Cells start to grow uncontrollably and these cells may form a mass termed as a tumor, which can be cancerous or benign. A cancerous tumor is malignant, i.e., it can grow and spread to other parts of the body. However, a benign tumor means the tumor grows in size but does not spread.
One of the vital tools for detecting cancer at an early stage and saving millions of lives is the screening process. When the abnormal tissue or cancer is found early it may be easier to treat or even cure completely.
The different kinds of screening tests include the imaging tools such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Mammography, Ultrasound, Positron Emission Tomography (PET), X-ray, and Molecular Imaging, among others. These diagnostic tests confirm the presence of a tumor and its current stage.
The different kind of cancer diagnostics tests includes IVD tests, liquid biopsy, and other lab tests.
With the rising incidence of various types of cancer such as breast, lung, prostate and colorectal, cancer is the primary factor responsible for the growth of cancer imaging systems market. Furthermore, advancements in digital imaging techniques, growing awareness among the patients about early detection of cancer, and active support of the government has boosted the overall growth of this market.
The expansion of digital imaging modalities to newer clinical areas, active research and developmental activities in medical imaging, rapid transition of hospitals to promote automatic workflow integration in their current work environment and rising installation base of advanced medical imaging tools in various multispecialty hospitals, is further expected to accelerate the growth of this market in the near future.
According to the latest market resesarch report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Cancer Imaging Systems Mark…ecast (2017-2025)’, the global cancer imaging systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% from 2017 to 2025. The cancer imaging market broadly focuses on major cancer indications (breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer and prostate cancer, among others) and various imaging modalities (mammography, MRI and positron emission tomography, among others.
The product segment of this market comprises of various cancer imaging modalities such as analog mammography, full field digital mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT), ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), molecular breast imaging (MBI), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET), among others.
Few Companies Mentioned in the Report:
- Carestream Health
- Dilon Diagnostics
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Gamma Medica Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- Hologic Inc.
- Konica Minolta
- Philips Group
- Samsung Medison Co. Ltd.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Toshiba Medical CorporationTable
- Analogic Corporation
- Aurora Imaging Technology, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Koning Corporation
- NCD Company
- Perkin Elmer
- Planmed Oy
- Spectrum Medical Imaging
- UMG/DEL Medical Imaging
- Varian Medical Systems
Key Questions Addressed in the Report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cancer imaging systems market?
- What are the market shares of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global cancer imaging systems market in 2016 and 2025?
- How will each segment of the global cancer imaging systems market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period between 2017 and 2025?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of products, application, end-user, and region?
- Which product, application and end-user will dominate the global cancer imaging systems market by the end of the forecast period and which one is growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2017-2025?
- Which is the leading segment by product, application, end-user, and region?
- Who are the key players for the cancer imaging systems market?
- How will the market share of the leading companies change in 2017?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- Which geographical region will lead the global cancer imaging systems market by the end of the forecast period?
- Which country is growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Request Your Free Sample Brochure at: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=446&type=download
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...