A population health management strategy revolves around meeting objectives to teach patients how to better manage their medical conditions and to help them access the medical system appropriately. The common set of objectives that lie under population health management model include Care Management, Care Coordination, and Patient Engagement. With the advancements in the analytics space, many market players are now able to engage patients with interactive tools and platforms to analyze the quality of care provided to them.
The global population health management (PHM) solutions market comprises of software and services which help healthcare providers achieve value-based goals and impart high-quality patient care. The market has evolved dramatically due to changes in clinical need, reimbursement models, and healthcare delivery framework. These changes have fuelled the level of investments in the population health industry. Although, the major contributors to these changes remain rising healthcare costs and rapidly increasing number of chronic diseases.
To combat these adverse situations, the government is more focused on shifting to a value-based care reimbursement model than the traditionally used Fee-For-Service model.
Healthcare payers such as insurers, employers, health plans etc. are more exposed to the risks of rising medical costs and hence they are extensively participating and investing in various population health strategies. On the other hand, healthcare providers such as hospitals, physicians, and clinics are also exploring alternatives to reduce their financial burden by switching from their existing delivery model to a value-based model where they can keep a track on patient outcome and satisfaction. The value-based care model is more of a patient-centric model and includes various Accountable care organization (ACO), Patient-centred medical home (PCMH), Pay for performance (P4P) and bundled payments.
According to the latest research report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Population Health Managemen…ecast (2017-2025)', the global population health management solutions market was estimated to be $8.92 billion in 2016 and is estimated to grow over $50.35 billion by 2025. The introduction of value-based reimbursement model as a part of Affordable Care Act (ACA) has started making payments to healthcare providers on the basis of evidence-based outcomes such as reduction in the number of hospital readmissions and lowering the cost of avoidable medical procedures.
Few Companies Mentioned in the Report:
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Cerner Corporation
- McKesson Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- EPIC Systems
- Aetna Inc.
- United Health Group
- Health Catalyst
- IBM Corporation
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- i2i population health
- Enli Health Intelligence Corporation
- Premier Inc.
- Philips Healthcare
- Conifer Health Solutions
- The Advisory Board Company
Key questions addressed in the report:
- What are the total addressable market (TAM), segmental addressable market (SAM) and the potential market opportunity of the global population health management solutions market?
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities in the global population health management solutions market and their case studies?
- What are the key pillars involved in the successful implementation of a population health management strategy?
- What is the market share of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global population health management solutions market in 2017 and 2025?
- How did the population health management solutions market evolve and what are the factors that necessitate its evolution?
- What are the consumer preferences in terms of adoption of population health models during the forecast period?
- What are the future trends that a vendor must adhere with in order to stand ahead in the highly competitive market?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- Which software deployment model will lead the population health management solutions market during the forecast period?
- What will be the growth rate of cloud-based software services during the forecast period?
- Which end user will be the highest revenue generator in the market during the forecast period?
- What will be the scope of population health management solutions market in the emerging countries during the forecast period?
Request Your Free Sample Brochure at: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=347&type=download
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...
For more information: