Salt therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses aerated salt or a salt bath to deliver health and wellness benefits. It comes in two forms: dry salt therapy (halotherapy) and wet salt therapy (flotation therapy).
Both forms of salt therapy are claimed to promote relaxation and rejuvenation.
Kansas City Salt Mine
Body Mind Float Center
The Salt Chamber
International Spa Association
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
National Center for Health Statistics
Salt therapy is an old-fashioned, drug-free treatment leveraging the claimed natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of salt that capitalizes on growing interest in complementary and alternative medicine.
- Dry salt therapy (halotherapy) takes mineral-rich salt and grinds it into a fine powder that is dispensed into the air to create an environment that mimics that of a salt cave.
- Inhaling salt is believed to provide respiratory benefits by thinning mucous which makes breathing easier. Aerated salt may also benefit the skin.
- Floatation therapy (wet salt therapy) involves floating in a small tank, tub, or pod filled with water and Epsom salt.
- Floatation therapy (also called float therapy) can provide a feeling of relaxation, pain relief, and stress relief - even inducing a meditative state in some cases.
- Dry salt therapy is believed to provide relief from respiratory ailments including asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, and COPD. It may also help relieve chronic skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- The economics of salt therapy are compelling, largely because labor and material costs are low. Salt therapy takes place in sessions that typically run around 45 minutes.
Reasons to access
- Provides an early warning system for emerging trends, threats, and opportunities in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Drives analysis of potential future consumer behavior.
- Generates ideas and inspiration for new product development.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...