The concern regarding women's health is pivotal for the overall well-being of the society. Yet, it is an issue that has always been neglected due to several socio-cultural factors prevailing in the society. The focus is now on providing better education and accessibility to services in different countries across the globe. The overall health market is dependent on factors, such as percentage of young and older women, demographic and social factors and the public outlook towards contraception and family planning. The life expectancy for females was estimated to be 73.8 years in 2015. As of April 2017, women accounted for 49.6% of the total world population. The world population is aging faster and women accounted for 54% of the population belonging to the age group of 60 years or over, in 2015. Though it has been observed that women live longer than men, a longer life does not indicate a healthy life. Women undergo a lot of hormonal, emotional, and physiological changes during their lifetime.
The rising geriatric population among women leading to a higher incidence rate of menopause and related diseases is the major factor driving the market. The cases of infertility are also increasing with women coping with the rising stress from jobs and consequential delay in pregnancy. Other factors affecting women's health include stress and changing lifestyle.
According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled "Global Women's Health Market- Anal…recast, 2017-2023", the global women's health market was estimated at $30.88 billion in 2016 and is estimated to grow over $42.12 billion by 2023.
The increasing population of elderly women is the main factor driving the growth of this market. Apart from this, the rising awareness about the long-neglected topic of women's health is another factor.
The market has not witnessed any breakthrough technologies or emerging treatments in the last decade, the lack of innovation being the main restraint for the market. Thus, the market presents the opportunity for innovation through investment in the pipeline of drugs. The rising emphasis on the wellbeing of women, increased awareness about contraceptives and pharmaceuticals and use of natural hormonal preparations are other factors which will guide the growth of the market.
According to the analyst at BIS Research, "The women health remains to be a neglected topic in the developed as well as the developing nations, along with the prevalent discrimination on the basis of gender. In the developing countries, especially, women lack basic education, health facilities, and face sex-based disparities. Women health is gaining attention on the international front for quite some time now. As women age, different physiological and emotional changes are said to occur. The hormones in the female body play an important part in these transformations. "
- Major contributor towards the market in 2016 was the contraceptives segment. The market for contraceptives was estimated at $15.97 billion in 2016.
- Market for the global women's health was estimated at $30.88 billion in 2016 with the highest CAGR of 5.5%
- Among the conventional contraceptives, oral contraceptives were found to be the largest revenue generating segment. The market for oral contraceptives was estimated at $6.39 billion in 2016.
- The market for the treatment of menopausal hot flash syndrome was estimated at $4.10 billion in 2016. The major contributing product segment was estrogens with a value of $2.25 billion in 2016.
- North America was the major contributor to the market in 2016. The market for North America is expected to reach $17.36 billion by 2023. This is mainly due to the rising population of elderly women & increasing delayed marriages.
Source: BIS Research Analysis
Request for Sample Report: link
This market intelligence report provides a multidimensional view of the global women's health market in terms of market size and growth potential. This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global women's health market with the help of the key factors driving the market, the threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The study considers the growth-share matrix model for a comprehensive study of the global women's health market and assesses the factors governing the same.
Furthermore, the competitive landscape chapter in the report explicates the competitive nature of the global market and enables the reader to get acquainted with recent market activities, such as product launches, regulatory clearance, certifications, partnerships, collaborations, business expansions, and mergers and acquisitions. The research report provides a comprehensive analysis of product sales, manufacturers and trend analysis by the segments and demand by the geographical regions. The report also presents the pipeline of therapeutic candidates which are undergoing various stages of development & may be available in the future.
The report profiles 26 companies including many key players, such as Neurocrine Biosciences, Gedeon Richter Plc, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, enteris BIOPHARMA, Bayer Healthcare, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc., Novo Nordisk, Allergan, Plc, Radius Health Inc., Agile THERAPEUTICS, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Vertical Pharmaceuticals, and Veru HEALTHCARE, among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global women’s health market?
- How did the women’s health market evolve and what is its scope in the future?
- What is the market share of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global women’s health market in 2016 and 2023?
- How will each segment of the global women’s health market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2023?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2016- 2023?
- What are the key developmental strategies which are being implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of application?
- What are the treatment options for postmenopausal symptoms?
- What is the estimated value for the menopausal hot flash market?
- What is the value of different types of contraceptives in the market?
- What will be the value of hormonal contraceptives segment by 2023?
- Which geographical location will contribute to the highest sales of the products?
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!