Commercialization of advanced therapeutics such as targeted and immunotherapies would reduce the negative influence of restraints and fuel the market growth.
The global oncology drugs market is expected to reach at $111.9 billion by 2020. Patent expiration of key cancer drugs such as Herceptin, Erbitux, Rituxan and Avastin, is expected to boost the growth of cancer biosimilars market by 2020.
Going further, the biological therapies are expected to dominate the market by 2020, due to their high efficacy, target specific action and less toxicity. Blood cancer drugs market was the largest revenue generating segment in 2013 owing to the high cost of drugs (immunotherapies) used for the treatment of blood cancer.
Biological drugs based on monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) have emerged as a preferred option for treating various cancer types, especially for blood cancer (leukemia). Rising incidence of various cancer conditions, growing popularity of advance therapies (biological and targeted drug therapies), patents expiration of leading drugs along with commercialization of biosimilars are the few factors driving the growth of global oncology drugs market.
However, high cost involved in new drug development coupled with threat of failure and adverse effects associated with cancer drugs therapies would restrain the growth of the market.
Access this Report @ bit.ly/2zM48xE
Geographically, North America, dominates the market followed by Europe. North America accounted for about ~38% share in the overall oncology drugs market in 2013 owing to the heavy investments by multinational companies in research and development of cancer drugs, particularly immune therapeutics, favorable reimbursement policies, and high adoption rate of immunotherapies.
On the other hand, Asia-Pacific market would grow at the promising CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period. Such high growth rate is majorly due to increasing awareness towards advanced therapies namely immunotherapies and increase in per capita healthcare spending.
Key companies profiled in the report are Roche diagnostics, Novartis AG, Celgene Corporation, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Eli Lilly & Co. and GlaxoSmithKline. Companies operating in the cancer drugs market focus on several strategies such as collaboration, approval and acquisition.
Get the sample PDF Brochure of market study @ bit.ly/2ioXTFV
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- The report helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies for gaining market share in the cancer drugs market
- The report provides comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the cancer drugs market
- Market conditions of cancer drugs market across all geographic regions are comprehensively analyzed
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies
- SWOT analysis of the key market players is provided to illustrate the business strategies adopted by the companies
The cancer drugs market is segmented by the therapeutic modalities, cancer types and geography.
MARKET BY THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES
- Targeted Therapy
- Immunotherapy (Biologic Therapy)
- Hormonal Therapy
MARKET BY CANCER TYPES
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Respiratory/Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Other Cancers
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- GCC (Gulf Corporation Council)
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...