European Oxygen Therapy Devices Market was worth USD 0.50 billion in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 5.77%, to reach USD 0.67 billion by 2021.
Oxygen therapy involves administering oxygen through an external device. COPD includes chronic obstructive bronchitis and emphysema, and is predicted by the World Health Organization (WHO) to be the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030.
Oxygen Therapy devices are useful specially for people suffering from severe COPD or cystic fibrosis who suffer from chronically low oxygen levels in their body. Advantages of oxygen therapy also include increased mental stamina, aversion of heart failure, and an enhanced breathing pattern.
Long-term oxygen treatments in patients suffering from chronic lung disease are believed to enhance the length and the quality of life.
View Full Report: marketdataforecast.com/market-repo…rapy-market-3690/
In Europe, the prevalence of COPD varies markedly across countries. For example, the Ministère de la Santé et des Solidaritiés estimates that between 6% and 8% of the adult population in France suffers from COPD.
Interestingly, the Netherlands displays just a 2% prevalence rate as evaluated by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. Generally, these devices are used to treat patients who are no longer able to receive adequate volumes of oxygen through the breathing of natural air and require higher concentrations of oxygen.
A significant increase is expected in the number of patients on oxygen therapy as the population ages and as members of the 50 to 75 age demographics, who were often smokers in their youth, develop emphysema and related conditions. It is estimated that over 85% of the patients on oxygen therapy are, or were, once smokers.
The European oxygen therapy devices market is segmented into product type, application and end user. On the basis of product, it is segmented into Oxygen Source Equipment, Cylinders, Concentrators, Liquid Oxygen Devices, PAP, Oxygen Delivery Device, Masks, Nasal Cannula, Venturi Mask, Non-Rebreather Mask, Bag Valve and CPAP.
Oxygen source equipment are expected to grow at 11% CAGR It is attributed to the consolidation of this equipment in the extensive variety of uses as the first line of treatment. On the basis of application, it is segmented into Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, Pneumonia.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease holds the largest share of the application segment and it is anticipated to grow lucratively at a CAGR of over 10.5% over the next five years. This is due to increasing popularity of supplemental administration in conjunction with first line treatments available for COPD.
Moreover, this treatment includes faster response rates, reliability and portability, and above all improves chances of survival. On the basis of end use it is segmented into Home Healthcare and Hospitals.
Home health care dominates the end-use segment, owing to the rise in elderly population coupled with increasing number of patients with low mobility and long-term care requirement in conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease.
The European region is geographically segmented into Germany, U.K, Italy, Spain and France. Europe has the second highest revenue in the oxygen therapy devices market and is expected to grow further in the coming years.
Favourable government policies and initiatives such as European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM), involved in promoting awareness pertaining to the treatment and thereby promoting growth of oxygen therapy devices market.
• Market Segmentation
• 5.1.1 Introduction
• 5.1.2 Oxygen Source Equipment
• 126.96.36.199 Oxygen Concentrators
• 188.8.131.52.1 Fixed Oxygen Concentrators
• 184.108.40.206.2 Portable Oxygen Concentrators
• 220.127.116.11 Liquid Oxygen Devices
• 18.104.22.168 Oxygen Cylinders
• 5.1.3 Oxygen Delivery Devices
• 22.214.171.124 Oxygen Masks
• 126.96.36.199 Nasal Cannulas
• 188.8.131.52 Venturi Masks
• 184.108.40.206 Non-Rebreather Masks
• 220.127.116.11 Bag Valve Masks
• 18.104.22.168 Other Devices
• 5.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Product
• 5.1.5 Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Product
• 5.1.6 Market Share Analysis, By Product
• 5.2.1 Introduction
• 5.2.2 Stationary Oxygen Therapy Devices
• 5.2.3 Portable Oxygen Therapy Devices
• 5.2.4 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Portability
• 5.2.5 Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Portability
• 5.2.6 Market Share Analysis, By Portability
• 5.3.1 Introduction
• 5.3.2 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• 5.3.3 Asthma, Obstructive Sleep Apnea
• 5.3.4 Respiratory Distress Syndrome
• 5.3.5 Cystic Fibrosis
• 5.3.6 Pneumonia
• 5.3.7 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Application
• 5.3.8 Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Application
• 5.3.9 Market Share Analysis, By Application
• End User
• 5.4.1 Introduction
• 5.4.2 Home Care Settings
• 5.4.3 Hospitals
• 5.4.4 Ambulatory Surgical Centers & Physician Offices
• 5.4.5 Others
• 5.4.6 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By End User
• 5.4.7 Market Attractiveness Analysis, By End User
• 5.4.8 Market Share Analysis, By End User
This market is extremely disjointed with numerous big and developing players operating in the business. The major companies dominating the oxygen therapy devices market in this region are Philips Respironics, ResMed, GEHealthcare, Dräger, Medtronic – Covidien, Teleflex Medical, Fisher & Paykel, Invacare, Smiths Medical, Ambu – King, Carefusion – BD, Intersurgical, Maquet, Flexicare, PARI, Breas, DeVilbiss – Drive, Mindray and AirSep.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!