Vitamin D Market By Analog (Vitamin D2 And Vitamin D3), By Application (Pharmaceuticals, Functional Food And Beverage, Pet Food And Personal Care And Animal Feed), By End User (Adult, Children, And Pregnant Women) And By Region – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, And Forecasts (2016–2021)
- Advertising -
The Global Vitamin D Market was worth USD 1.64 billion in 2016, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.2%, to reach USD 2.79 billion by 2021.
View report: www.marketdataforecast.com/market-…n-d-market-4050/
Vitamins are essential for normal growth and functioning of human body. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin which increases the absorption of calcium, magnesium and other minerals in the intestine.
These minerals are required for healthy maintenance of bones, teeth and muscles.
- Advertising -
Human body can acquire vitamin D through diet, through skin and from supplements. Sunlight exposure triggers synthesis of vitamin D in the body.
As too much exposure to sunlight can cause cancer because of ultraviolet rays, other sources of vitamin D are preferred. Infants, growing children and senior citizens need to take vitamin D supplements.
Milk, cereal, egg yolks and some fish are sources of vitamin D. Its deficiency can cause rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults.
Several NGOs and government organizations are working to decrease conditions of bone deformations and malnutrition in children. Increasing awareness of people regarding the benefits of vitamin D supplements and increasing diseases due to deficiency of vitamin D due to the increase in unhealthy eating habits are expected to drive the market.
Stringent regulations to prevent vitamin overdose which might be toxic are restraining the market.
The Vitamin D Market is categorized based on analog, application, end user and region. Based on analog, the market is categorized into Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3.
Based on application, the market is categorized into Functional Food and Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed and Pet Food, Personal Care and other applications. Food and beverages is expected to be the largest market segment because of the increase in demand for vitamin supplements through food.
Animal feed and pet feed are rapidly growing segments due to the increase in companion animals and demand for healthy animal feed. Based on end user, the market is categorized into Children, Adult and Pregnant Women.
Infants and pregnant women are in higher need for vitamin D supplements and hence they lead the market and also due to the doctor recommendations.
Based on geography, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. North America leads the vitamin D market due to the large number of vitamin D deficient cases which in turn causes several diseases.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing segment due to the increasing awareness regarding the health defects of vitamin D deficiency and increase in pharmaceutical and feed industries.
Some of the major players in this region are Nestlé S.A, BASF, Pfizer, Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc., and Kraft Foods Group.
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin D3
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Analog
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Analog
- Market Share Analysis, By Analog
- Functional Food and Beverage
- Animal Feed and Pet Food
- Personal Care
- Other Applications
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Application
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Application
- Market Share Analysis, By Application
- Pregnant Women
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By End User
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By End User
- Market Share Analysis, By End User
The scope of the report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis, and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information: