Stem Cell Market by Mode of treatment (Autologous & Allogeneic), by Applications, by Technology, by type (Adult Stem Cells, Human Embryonic Cells, Pluripotent Stem Cell, Natural Rosette Cells), and by Region - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2016–2021)
- Advertising -
According to the report “Global Stem Cell Market,” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 30.19 billion by 2021 from USD 15.82 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 13.8% from 2016 to 2021.
Stem cell therapy, also known as regenerative medicine, promotes the reparative response of diseased, dysfunctional or injured tissue using stem cells or their derivatives. It is the next chapter of organ transplantation and uses cells instead of donor organs, which are limited in supply.
Researchers grow stem cells in a lab. These stem cells are manipulated to specialize into specific types of cells, such as heart muscle cells, blood cells or nerve cells.
- Advertising -
The specialized cells can then be implanted into a person. For example, if the person has heart disease, the cells could be injected into the heart muscle.
The healthy transplanted heart cells could then contribute to repairing defective heart muscle.
Researchers have already shown that adult bone marrow cells guided to become heart-like cells can repair heart tissue in people, and more research is ongoing.
Get a comprehensive overview of the Global Stem Cell market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-stem-cell-market-1084/
Global Stem Cell Market: Drivers & Restraints
Some of the key drivers of stem cell market are improved funding from various government and private organizations for research and development for unmet medical needs, growing industry attention on stem cell research, and increasing global awareness about stem cell therapies. Development of cutting-edge genomic techniques for stem cell analysis, and increasing approvals for clinical trials of stem cell therapy are other factors that are propelling the growth of the market.
While on the other hand, ethical issues are involved in the stem cells research and strict regulations to conduct trials on humans are some of the restraining factors. Also factors such as lack of required infrastructure and complications associated with the preservation of stem cell are limiting the growth of the stem cells market.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Global Stem Cell market. Request a sample to stay up-to-date on the main trends affecting this market http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-stem-cell-market-1084/request-sample
Global Stem Cell market: Segmentation
By mode of treatment
- Regenerative Medicine
- Eye & Immune System Development
- Blood Disorders
- Cell Acquisition
- Cell Production
- Adult Stem Cells
- Human Embryonic Cells
- Pluripotent Stem Cell
- Natural Rosette Cells
From simple data collation through secondary and primary research to ad-hoc research requests relating to specific information, we provide our services via customization. Get customization at http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-stem-cell-market-1084/customize-report
Global Stem Cell market: Overview
The most well-established and widely used stem cell treatment is the transplantation of blood stem cells to treat diseases and conditions of the blood and immune system, or to restore the blood system after treatments for specific cancers. The US National Marrow Donor Program has a full list of diseases treatable by blood stem cell transplant.
More than 26,000 patients are treated with blood stem cells in Europe each year.
Since the 1980s, skin stem cells have been used to grow skin grafts for patients with severe burns on very large areas of the body. Only a few clinical centres are able to carry out this treatment and it is usually reserved for patients with life-threatening burns.
Stem cells have tremendous promise to help us understand and treat a range of diseases, injuries and other health-related conditions. Their potential is evident in the use of blood stem cells to treat diseases of the blood, a therapy that has saved the lives of thousands of children with leukemia; and can be seen in the use of stem cells for tissue grafts to treat diseases or injury to the bone, skin and surface of the eye.
Important clinical trials involving stem cells are underway for many other conditions and researchers continue to explore new avenues using stem cells in medicine.
There is still a lot to learn about stem cells, however, and their current applications as treatments are sometimes exaggerated by the media and other parties who do not fully understand the science and current limitations, and also by “clinics” looking to capitalize on the hype by selling treatments to chronically ill or seriously injured patients.
Global Stem Cell market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global market is analysed under various regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle-East & Africa. As of now, North America region dominates the global stem cells market.
Europe comes next. However, the Asia-Pacific stem cell therapy market is expected to grow the fastest in this forecast period, mainly because of better regulatory support through encouraging government policies and increasing awareness among the public.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Stem Cell market outlook worldwide? What trends are affecting the Global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Stem Cell therapy space globally?
- What are the key branches that Stem Cell manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the Stem Cell therapy currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfil these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook of Stem Cell Therapy?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of Stem Cell Therapy?
- What segment and region will drive or lead Stem Cell market growth and why?
Global Stem Cell market: Key Players
Some of the major players in this market are Athersys, StemCells Inc., Cryo Cell International, Geron Corporation, Mesoblast Ltd., Aastrom Biosciences Inc., Celgene Corporation, Invitrogen and Cytori Therapeutics Inc.
Reasons to access Global Stem Cell market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information: