Due to the fall in the birth rates and increased life expectancy, the world population is aging rapidly. The prevalence of diseases such as diabetes, osteoarthritis, cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer’s, and many others, are higher among the elderly. As per the Arthritis Foundation, the older population in the U.S. affected by arthritis would grow to 21% by 2040 from the current value of 15%. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases is another factor contributing to the growth of the market. In recent years, the prevalence of chronic diseases has been increasing irrespective of age. As per WHO, the global prevalence of diabetes increased to 8.5% in adults over the age of 18 years in 2014 from 4.7% in 1980. The prevalence of genetic diseases and cancer has also witnessed a upsurge in the recent years.
Regenerative medicine presents with opportunities to change the treatment options and offers a complete cure for the diseases. The possibility of the development of therapy for the treatment of rare, and orphan diseases, use of nanomaterials, and the recent development of cell-free therapy, stem cell exosomes, present opportunities for the further growth of the regenerative medicine market.
According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled "Global Regenerative Medicine Marke…recast, 2017-2025", the global regenerative medicine market was estimated at $17.03 billion in 2016, and is estimated to grow over $50.55 billion by 2025. This robust growth can mainly be attributed to the escalating prevalence of chronic conditions, increasing geriatric population, and improved safety and outcomes provided by the regenerative medicine products.
According to Abdul Wahid, analyst at BIS Research, "The rising demand and popularity of stem cell, and gene therapies is because these new treatments offer a potential cure for the chronic diseases, unlike the lifelong treatment with pharmaceuticals. The pharmaceutical industry is witnessing the growth of pipeline of candidates for regenerative medicine.
A number of companies are now indulging in the research and development of such therapies. several agreements, partnerships, and collaborations can also be seen, indicating the interest of investors, and biopharmaceutical companies in regenerative medicine.
Recently, Gilead Sciences announced the acquisition of Kite Pharma, a leading player in cell therapy, for $11.9 billion."
- Tissue engineered product segment (including biological and synthetic tissues/cells) currently dominates the market at 63% and generated $10.7 billion revenue. Gene therapy was the most lucrative and fastest growing segment is expected to grow at 31% through the forecast period.
- Orthopaedic and dental was the dominant application segment in 2016. The rising geriatric population, increased prevalence of musculoskeletal diseases, and higher incidence of bone and joint disorders are the main reasons for this trend. The fastest growing segment is expected to be immunology and oncology with a CAGR of 16.9% from 2017 to 2025.
- North America held the major share (39%) of the global regenerative medicines market in terms of revenue in 2016, followed by Europe with a share of 27%. This is mainly due to the presence of the leading players in the region along with higher advances in the stem and gene therapy technology.
- The fastest growing segment is expected to be the stem cell therapies segment, registering a CAGR of 22.1% during the forecast period 2017-2025. The stem cells therapies segment was valued at $1.20 billion in 2016, and is expected to reach $7.46 billion in 2025. Stem cell therapies are increasingly being adopted by the patients due to the benefits provided by them.
- Market share analysis of top 60 companies in this market have been done to understand the global market scenario
Source: BIS Research Analysis
This market intelligence report provides a multidimensional view of the global regenerative medicine market in terms of market size and growth potential. This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global regenerative medicine market with the help of key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion.
The study considers the growth-share matrix model for a comprehensive study of the global regenerative medicine market and assesses the factors governing the same.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global regenerative medicine market?
- How did the regenerative medicine market evolve, and what is its scope in the future?
- What is the market share of the leading segments, and sub-segments of the global regenerative medicine market in 2016, and 2025?
- How will each segment of the global regenerative medicine market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2023?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2016-2025?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- What will be the growth rate of the tissue engineering segment during the forecast period?
- Which therapy segment is expected to register the highest CAGR for the regenerative medicine market?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of application? Which application segment has the largest share, and growth rate in the regenerative medicine market?
- What will be the value of immune-oncology segment by 2025?
- Which geographical location will contribute to the highest sales of regenerative medicine?
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...