Robotic surgery refers to a surgical procedure where surgeons use a computer to control small instruments attached to a robot. Hence, it is also known as computer guided minimally invasive surgery. The surgical robotic system includes surgeons console, surgical arms and monitoring system and software. The robotic surgery is an advanced technology that helps surgeons to perform complex surgeries with more accuracy and precision. This surgery ensures greater accuracy, enhanced motion range and provides better dexterity to surgeons. Further, the three dimensional vision provided by the camera renders a more detailed view to the surgeons which, as a result, enhances the surgical outcome and the overall procedure.
There was a growing demand for minimally invasive surgical techniques both from the patient and the doctor side. Generally, traditional minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical techniques are employed for region of interest in surgeries, but those techniques have their limitations of standard two dimensional video and rigid instruments used by the surgeons. These instruments are incapable of providing high quality video of the affected region impose a difficulty in the case of complex surgeries.
On the contrary, robotic surgery makes it easier for the surgeons to carry out complex procedures with comparatively much smaller incisions (0.5-1 mm).
As a result, the global surgical robotics market is growing at an exponential rate.
A surgical robot recurring revenue business model is essentially a large one-time purchase for a system complimented by the replaceable or disposable instruments that cumulatively make a much larger and sustainable ongoing market. In recurring revenue business model, the vendor makes money through one time sale of the robotic system and then generates recurring revenue from the sale of equipment and accessory products, and maintenance services used in the robotic system.
According to a new market research report by BIS Research titled. ‘Global Surgical Robotics Market - …ecast (2017-2025)’, the global surgical robotics market is expected to reach $12.6 billion by 2025. The product segment of the market comprises of various surgical systems, instruments and accessories and maintenance services. The instruments and accessories segment acquired the highest market value in 2016, growing at the CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period 2017-2025. However, services (maintenance and up-gradation) is expected to grow at the highest CAGR 12.9% during the forecast period 2017-2025.
Few Companies Mentioned in the Report:
- Accuray Inc.
- Cambridge Medical Robotics Ltd.
- Product Mapping
- Corindus Vascular Robotics Inc.
- Hansen Medical
- Auris Surgical Robotics
- Intutive Surgical Inc.
Mazor Robotics Ltd.
- Medrobotics Corporation
- Medtech SA
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Renishaw Plc
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Synaptive Medical Inc.
- Think Surgical Inc.
- Titan Medical Inc.
- TransEnterix Inc.
- Verb Surgical
- Applied Dexterity
- Endomaster Pte Ltd.
- Dexterite Surgical
- Honeybee Robotics
- Perceys BV
- Virtual Incision Corporation
- Mimic Technologies
- SRI International
Key Questions Addressed in the Report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities of the global surgical robotics market?
- How did the minimally invasive robot assistive surgical procedures evolve and what is its scope in the future?
- What were the market shares of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global surgical robotics market in 2016 and what will be the shares in 2025?
- How will each segment of the global surgical robotics market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025?
- How did the market share of the leading companies change in 2016 and which country will lead the market in 2017?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period between 2017 and 2025?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- How the market has been segmented on the basis of product, application, end-user and region?
- Which product, application and end-user will dominate the global surgical robotics market by the end of the forecast period and which one will be growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2017-2025?
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period? Which is the leading segment by product, application, end-user and region?
- Who are the key players for the surgical robotics market?
- Which geographical region will lead the global surgical robotics market by the end of the forecast period?
- Which country is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
Request Sample: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=486&type=download
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...
For more information: