Macular Edema (ME) is a condition characterized by the thickening and swelling (edema) of the macula, which is the area of the retina that is responsible for central vision.
The occurrence of ME is highly frequent in diabetics and usually manifests itself as DME, a complication of diabetic retinopathy, and is the most common cause of vision loss in patients affected by diabetes mellitus.
In addition the risk for ME is also higher in patients with retinal vein occlusion, a common condition in the elderly, which consists of two types: branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) and central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO).
Request a sample of this report @ orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2064102
The current standard of care for macular edema focuses around the use of anti-VEGF therapies which are administered as intravitreal injections.
There are currently two approved anti-VEGF therapies on the market for the treatment of both DME and ME-RVO, Roche/Novartis' Lucentis and Regeneron/Bayer's Eylea. Roche's oncology anti-VEGF is also used off-label in many markets.
Although anti-VEGF therapies represent an effective treatment for ME, many patients do not show an adequate response to such therapy. In the case of these patients, they are often moved onto second-line treatment with corticosteroids.
Over the next ten years, GlobalData forecasts four novel therapies to enter the ME market: CLS-TA, Abicipar pegol, Luminate and Optina.
GlobalData estimates that drug sales for ME in 2016 were approximately $3.7 billion across the seven major markets covered in this report. Over the 10-year forecast period, the market is expected to grow to $7.0 billion at a CAGR of 6.7%.
This growth will be driven by increased uptake of market leading therapy, Eylea, increased prevalence of diabetes and improved diagnosis and treatment rates. The launch of pipeline therapies will also be a driver of growth, with Allegro’s Luminate and Allergan’s Abicipar pegol forecast to be the highest selling pipeline agents in 2026.
Browse the complete report @ orbisresearch.com/reports/index/ph…-analysis-to-2026
- Overview of macular edema, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized macular edema therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments (DME, ME-BRVO and ME-CRVO) forecast from 2016 to 2026.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the macular edema therapeutics market
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for macular edema therapy. The most promising candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global macular edema therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to access
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global macular edema therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global macular edema therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get this report @ orbisresearch.com/contacts/discount/2064102
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...