A brief overview of Diabetic Retinopathy Market is provided in the report based on product scope and market status & outlook. The market is segmented on the basis of type, end-users/application, and geography
Diabetic retinopathy (DR) is a medical condition of the eye, which is prevalent in a diabetic individual. It is mainly caused due to damage of the blood vessels of the light-sensitive tissue present at the back of the eye.
Without timely treatment, the disease may lead to bleeding in the eyes, cloudy vision, and may even destroy the retina. DR is amongst the common cause of loss of vision in the diabetic population.
From 1990 to 2010, DR holds the fifth position among the most common causes of preventable blindness and severe visual impairment.
The global diabetic retinopathy market was valued at $966 million in 2015, and is expected to reach $2,490 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 14.4% during the forecast period. The market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to increase in prevalence of diabetes worldwide, rise in geriatric population, growth in incidence of blindness due to diabetes, and augment in focus on awareness which facilitates early diagnosis to control the diseases.
Although these factors garner the growth of the market, dearth of skilled ophthalmologists and extended approval time for drugs limit it. On the other hand, emergence of combined therapies for treatment of diabetic macular edema, and the emerging markets of the Asia-Pacific and LAMEA regions are projected to provide several opportunities for the market growth.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global diabetic retinopathy market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise diabetic retinopathy market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...