Drug screening is a type of test carried out to determine an individual’s scope and degree of drug abuse. The global drug screening market is expected to reach $9,447 million in 2023 from $5,214 million in 2016 registering a CAGR of 8.7% from 2017 to 2023.
Access Sample Report : bit.ly/2iaDfN9
Technological advancements in drug screening devices and upsurge in applications of these devices in market drives the drugs screening market. Moreover, increase in alcohol consumption and illicit use of prescribed drugs by ageing population, increase in government funding for drug testing programs augment market growth.
However, the fact that drug testing is considered as a violation right in some countries, precision and accuracy issues regarding breath analyzers, ban on alcohol consumption in various countries restrain the market growth. The use of advanced technology in the drug testing devices and untapped emerging economies offer lucrative opportunities for the market players.
The global drug screening market is segmented based on equipment and services, sample type, end user, and geography. Based on equipment and services, the market is segmented into equipment, rapid testing devices, consumables and laboratory services.
Equipment segment is further bifurcated by type into immunoassay analyzers, chromatography instruments and breath analyzers. Breath analyzer are further divided into fuel cell analyzers, semiconductor analyzers and other devices.
Rapid testing devices are divided into oral fluid testing devices and urine testing devices. Consumables segment is further bifurcated into assay kits, calibrators and controls, samples collection cups and other materials such as gloves, cotton swabs, syringes and others.
Based on sample type, this market is bifurcated into urine, oral fluid/saliva, breath, hair and others (blood and sweat). Urine sample test is widely used as this sample can be collected without causing any pain to the patient and is one of the most convenient detection method.
Thus, urine sample screening tests held a major share in this segment in the year 2015 and this trend is likely to continue over the forecast period. Hair sample is expected to grow at a remarkable CAGR and is the fastest growing segment in drug screening market.
Geographically, this market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America accounted for the largest market share in the drug screening market in 2015, and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
This is primarily attributed to the higher buying power, availability, and applications that favor the utilization of drug screening in this region. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as a lucrative area with significant growth potential, owing to the improvement in R&D facilities, available disposable income, and rapidly developing economic conditions.
Enquire About Report : bit.ly/2jr5CDg
KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global drug screening market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- A quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities is discussed.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model interprets the bargaining power of suppliers & buyers, threat of new entrants & substitutes, and competition among the key players.
KEY PLAYERS PROFILED
- Alere, Inc.
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGAA
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Biorad Laboratories, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Express Diagnostics International Inc.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
Access Report : bit.ly/2n4tod6
By Product & Service
- Immunoassay Analyzers
- Chromatography Instruments
- Breath Analyzers
- Fuel Cell Breathlyzers
- Semiconductor Breathlyzers
- Other Devices
- Rapid Testing Devices
- Urine Testing Devices
- Urine Testing Cups
- Dip Cards
- Oral Fluid Testing Devices
- Assay Kits
- Sample Collection Cups
- Calibrators and Controls
- Laboratory Services
By Sample Type
- Urine Sample
- Breath Sample
- Oral Fluid Sample
- Hair Sample
- Others (Blood and Sweat Samples)
By End User
- Workplace and Schools
- Drug Testing Laboratories
- Criminal Justice System & Law Enforcement Agencies
- Drug Treatment Centers
- Pain Management Centers
- Personal Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Other players in the value chain include (profiles not included in the report)
- CannAmm Occupational Testing Services
- Agilent Technologies
- Synergy Health PL.
Table Of Content
- CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4 DRUG SCREENING MARKET, BY PRODUCT & SERVICE
- CHAPTER 5 DRUG SCREENING MARKET, BY SAMPLE TYPE
- CHAPTER 6 DRUG SCREENING MARKET, BY END USER
- CHAPTER 7 DRUG SCREENING MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- CHAPTER 8 COMPANY PROFILES
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...