Blood plasma is liquid component of blood where the blood cells are suspended. It contains dissolved proteins (albumins, globulins, and fibrinogen), clotting factors, hormones, and electrolytes. Plasma maintains the blood pressure and helps in exchange of important minerals such as sodium and potassium to maintain the pH balance in the body. Plasma derivatives are products that are manufactured from human plasma by plasma fractionation techniques. These derivatives include albumin, factor VIII & IX, anti-inhibitor coagulation complex (AICC), and immunoglobulins, including Rh immune globulin, alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor concentrate, and anti-thrombin III.
The global blood plasma derivatives market was valued at $23,613 million in 2016, and is projected to reach $44,333 million at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2017 to 2023. The major factor that contributes towards the growth of the blood plasma derivatives market is increase in prevalence of life-threatening diseases such as immunodeficiency disorders and hemophilia.
Moreover, other factors boosting the market growth include increase in awareness for blood & plasma donation, rise in geriatric population, and high adoption of blood plasma derivatives products. However, high cost of treatment and risks of side effects associated with the use of plasma derivatives hamper the market growth.
Conversely, development of enhanced methods for preservation of plasma derivatives along with advanced procedures for fractionation and high market potential in untapped emerging economies are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
The global blood plasma derivatives market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is fragmented into albumin, factor VIII, factor IX, immunoglobulin, hyperimmune globulin, and others.
The applications covered in the study include hemophilia, hypogammaglobulinemia, immunodeficiency diseases, von Willebrand's Disease (vWD), and other application. By end user, the market is classified into hospitals, clinics, and other end users.
Region wise, it is analyzed for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global blood plasma derivatives market with current trends and future estimations from 2016 to 2023 to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global & regional scale are provided.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Key market segments
- Factor VIII
- Factor IX
- Hyperimmune Globulin
- Immunodeficiency Diseases
- von Willebrand's disease (vWD)
- Other Application
By End User
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
LIST OF KEY PLAYERS PROFILED IN THE REPORT
- Grifols, S.A.
- SK Plasma Co., Ltd.
- Fusion Health Care Pvt. Ltd.
- Biotest AG
- Green Cross Corporation
- Baxter International Inc.
- LFB S.A.
- Octapharma AG
- CSL Limited
- Shire Plc.
Table Of Content
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3: MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4: BLOOD PLASMA DERIVATIVES MARKET, BY TYPE
- CHAPTER 5: BLOOD PLASMA DERIVATIVES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- CHAPTER 6: BLOOD PLASMA DERIVATIVES MARKET, BY END USER
- CHAPTER 7: BLOOD PLASMA DERIVATIVES MARKET, BY REGION
- CHAPTER 8: COMPANY PROFILES
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...