The global apheresis market was valued at $2,560.4 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $4,200.6 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 7.3% from 2017 to 2023. Apheresis procedures involve separation of desired components from the blood, while the remaining is either returned to the donor or the patient.
Use of large-scale plasma donations in the treatment of trauma patients, burn victims, and patients suffering from serious illness or injuries primarily contributes towards the growth of the apheresis market. In addition, rise in prevalence of cancer and surge in number of patients undergoing surgery have increased the number of plateletpheresis across the globe, thereby supplementing the market growth.
However, dearth of skilled professionals and post-procedural complications associated with apheresis are anticipated to hamper the market growth. On the contrary, advancements in the healthcare sector in emerging economies are expected to offer significant profitable opportunities for the market players.
The global apheresis market is segmented based on product, method, procedure, component, end user, and region. On the basis of product, the market is classified into devices, disposable & reagents, and software.
By method, it is categorized into centrifugation, membrane separation, and selective adsorption. Depending on procedure, it is divided into donor/automated apheresis and therapeutic apheresis.
According to component, it is fragmented into plasma (plasmapheresis), platelets (plateletpheresis), leukocytes (leukapheresis), lymphocytes (lymph apheresis), and RBCS (erythropheresis). The end users covered in the study include blood centers, hospitals, and others.
Regionally, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global apheresis market with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive quantitative analysis of the industry is provided from 2016 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the key segments of the industry helps to understand the trends in apheresis globally.
- Key players and their strategies are provided to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Disposable & Reagents
- Intermittent Flow Centrifugation
- Continuous Flow Centrifugation
- Membrane Separation
- Selective Adsorption
- Donor/Automated Apheresis
- Therapeutic Apheresis
- Plasma Exchange
- Stem Cell Harvest
- Low Density Lipid Removal
- Other Procedures
- Plasma (Plasmapheresis)
- Platelets (Plateletpheresis)
- Leukocytes (Leukapheresis)
- Lymphocytes (Lymph Apheresis)
- RBCs (Erythropheresis)
By End User
- Blood Centers
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
- Haemonetics Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi
- Terumo BCT, Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
- HemaCare Corporation
- Kaneka Corporation
- Kawasumi Laboratories Inc.
- Cerus Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Nikkiso Co., Ltd.
The other players in the value chain include (profiles not included in the report)
- Grifols International SA
- Baxter International Inc.
- CSL Behring
- Becton, Dickinson & Co.
- Abbott Laboratories
Table Of Content
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3: MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4: APHERESIS MARKET BY PRODUCT
- CHAPTER 5: APHERESIS MARKET BY PROCEDURE
- CHAPTER 6: APHERESIS MARKET BY METHOD
- CHAPTER 7: APHERESIS MARKET BY COMPONENT
- CHAPTER 8: APHERESIS MARKET BY END USER
- CHAPTER 9: APHERESIS MARKET BY REGION
- CHAPTER 10: COMPANY PROFILE
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...