Melanoma is the deadliest and most aggressive form of skin cancer. Melanoma is rare compared with other major cancer indications, but the incident cases are increasing because of the aging population and changes in lifestyle that result in more ultraviolet (UV) exposure.
Merck & Co
Since 2011, the FDA/EMA have approved four immunotherapies, starting with the CTLA-4 targeting mAb, Yervoy (ipilimumab, Bristol-Myers Squibb), followed by PD-1 targeting mAbs, Keytruda (pembrolizumab, Merck & Co) and Opdivo (nivolumab, Ono/Bristol-Myers Squibb) and finally, oncolytic viral therapy, Imlygic (talimogene laherparepvec, Amgen). BRAF and MEK inhibitors were also first introduced to the market in 2011 (Novartis’s Tafinlar [dabrafenib] + Mekinist [trametinib] and Roche’s Zelboraf [vemurafenib] + Cotellic [cobimetinib]).
Together, these new MOAs provide renewed hope to improve the treatment outcomes of melanoma patients. These agents will be utilized in early lines of metastatic therapy, and will continue to push the use of chemotherapy to later treatment lines.
Although these new treatments have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared with chemotherapy-only regimens, high unmet needs remain for the non-responders to these targeted treatments, especially in BRAF WT patients who are ineligible for BRAF/MEK targeted therapies. A number of promising pipeline products, especially immune checkpoint inhibitors in combinations, will likely change the treatment landscape in the next few years.
Browse the complete report at orbisresearch.com/reports/index/ph…-analysis-to-2026
- Overview of melanoma, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized melanoma therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in four patient segments, forecast from 2016 to 2026.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the melanoma therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for melanoma. The most promising candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global melanoma market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to access
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global melanoma market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global melanoma market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...