Global military rotorcraft market is expected to value US$17.9 Billion in 2017, and grow at a CAGR of 4.14%, to value US$21.9 Billion by 2022. The cumulative global expenditure on military rotorcraft over the forecast period (2017-2022) is estimated at US$225.1 Billion. The demand for rotorcraft is expected to be driven by the need to replace aging fleets and enhance capabilities pertaining to disaster relief operations.
Rapidly changing global security scenario and the growing importance of unconventional missions and urban warfare have resulted in change of roles for helicopters in the modern warfare strategies. Unlike their traditional roles, rotorcrafts are being used as part of the comprehensive mission parameters, which calls for integration of advanced and multiple capabilities in rotorcrafts.
As the existing helicopters are unable to fulfill these roles, countries are focusing on either developing or procuring helicopters with multiple mission modes, which is currently driving the demand for military helicopters across the world. Apart from this, growing disputes over maritime borders and offshore natural resources are the primary drivers of the growing demand for maritime helicopters with multi-mission capabilities.
The recent killing of Abu Sayyaf in 2015, who was one of the high level operatives of ISIS, possibly using an attack variant of UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter has proven rotorcraft's role to be pivotal in military operations worldwide; governments are therefore taking note and reassessing their efficacy. Moreover, in 2010, the Pentagon invested twice as much of its US$808 million aviation science and technology budget on improving turbine engines than it did on all rotorcraft science and technology, and two and a half times as much on fixed-wing aircraft.
Asia Pacific region is expected to account for the highest spending on rotorcraft globally, accounting for 37.2% of the market, followed by North America, which will account for 30.5%. China's growing assertiveness in territorial disputes with its neighbors, an ongoing arms race among Asian countries, and strong economic growth are the primary drivers of the region's rotorcraft market, which is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.91%, to reach US$9.7 Billion by 2022.
Europe, which is the third largest market, is emerging from an economic crisis and is thus expected to witness only marginal growth over the forecast period; the region is expected to account for 17.1% of the total market. The Middle East region is expected to be one of the fastest growing markets for rotorcraft over the forecast period, with a CAGR of 5.37%, due to the huge demand from various countries buoyed by strong economic growth and robust modernization plans.
- The global military rotorcraft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.14% over the forecast period driven by the need to replace aging fleets and enhance capabilities pertaining to disaster relief operations.
- Governments across the world are increasingly following a procurement pattern that favors the procurement of multi-mission and maritime helicopters. In today’s volatile economic climate when major defense spending nations are cutting down on their budgets, governments are more likely to acquire helicopters with multiple functionalities such as ground attack, air assault, cargo, surveillance, rescue operations, humanitarian aid, and troop transport.
Therefore, the multi-mission and maritime helicopters segment will account for 43.7% of the total global rotorcraft market over the forecast period, followed by attack, transport, and training helicopters.
Reasons to access
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military rotorcraft market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different military rotorcraft segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global military rotorcraft market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military rotorcraft market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top rotorcraft providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Key Market Insights is a stand-alone organization with a solid history of advancing and exchanging market research reports and logical surveys delivered by our numerous transnational accomplices, which incorporate both huge multinationals and littler, more expert concerns. Our online stage, KMInsights.com, offers an unmatched gathering of market examination reports, organization audits, databooks, articles, periodical distributions, databases, on-line endorser administrations, and a great deal m ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!