Thailand, the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia, witnessed defense budget growth of 1.11% over 2013-2017. The country aims to modernize its military equipment in order to sustain its military capabilities and maintain acceptable readiness levels in line with other countries around the world.
The escalation of the arms race in the ASEAN region (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), due to massive military expenditure by China and India, and territorial conflicts with adjoining nations, are the key factors driving Thailand’s defense expenditure. With this trend expected to continue over the forecast period, the country’s defense expenditure is projected to reach US$7.7 Billion by 2022.
Request a sample of this report @ www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/482098
Defense capital expenditure is expected to increase to US$3.5 Billion over the forecast period till 2022. The country’s defense revenue expenditure is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.00% over the forecast period to reach US$4.2 Billion by 2022.
Thailand is expected to allocate half of its total budget to its army, with expenditure on the navy, air force, and others sectors accounting for an average of 19.6%, 18.6%, and 12.2% respectively.
Thailand also aims to increase its homeland security expenditure in order to counter threats posed by terrorists, pirates, and internal rebel groups. Thailand’s homeland security expenditure cumulatively valued US$23.9 Billion between 2013 and 2017; and is predicted to increase to US$29.3 Billion over the forecast period.
Over the forecast period, demand for equipment is mainly expected to revolve around military IT networking, main battle tanks, infrastructure construction, multi-role aircraft, naval vessels, submarine, helicopters, armored vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and surveillance equipment.
The report “Future of the Thailand Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022” offers detailed analysis of the Thailand defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Thailand defense industry market size and drivers: Detailed analysis of the Thailand defense industry during 2018-2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: Insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Thailand defense industry: Analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry.
- Import and Export Dynamics: Analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities: Details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: Analysis of the competitive landscape of the Thailand defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Saab, Airbus Helicopters, Sikorsky, Northrop Grumman Corp., Lockheed Martin Corp., Leonardo, Daewoo Ship Building & Marine Engineering (DSME) and Enstrom Helicopters.
- The Thailand government has been steadily increasing its defense budget 2015 - 2017. Defense expenditure registered a CAGR of 1.11% over 2013-2017.
The country allocated US$5.9 billion to its defense sector in 2013, which increased to US$6.2 billion in 2017. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, owing to the government’s well-defined military modernization plans to better equip its armed forces.
- Revenue expenditure allocation decreased from 57.2% in 2013 to 55.6% in 2017. Conversely, the country’s capital expenditure declined from 42.8% to 44.4% during the historic period.
Over the forecast period, Bangladesh is expected to allocate an average of 45.1% of its defense budget to capital expenditure, while the remainder will be assigned to revenue expenditure.
- The MoD is expected to invest in acquisition of main battle tanks, diesel engine submarine and military IT networking.
Reasons to access
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Thailand defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Thailand defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Northrop Grumman Corp.
Lockheed Martin Corp.
Daewoo Ship Building & Marine Engineering (DSME)
Read the more details of this report @ www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…forecasts-to-2022
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...