The Future of the Ghanaian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
- Advertising -
This report offers detailed analysis of the Ghanaian defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Ghanaian defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Ghana defense industry during 2018-2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry.
- Advertising -
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Ghanaian defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Ghanaian defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- The Ghanaian defense budget stood at GHS821.8 million in 2017 and registered a CAGR of 9.31% during 2013-2017. During 2013-2017, an average of 21.9% of the country’s total defense budget was allocated to capital expenditure, while an average of 78.1% was reserved for revenue expenditure.
Capital expenditure touched 14.8% of the defense budget in 2017, and is projected to decrease to an average of 14% during the forecast period.
- This is primarily due to the country’s plans to replace its obsolete military equipment and procure Mi-35 attack helicopters, and four more Super Tucanos. The remaining defense budget is allocated to revenue expenditure, which includes personnel salaries, and the operation and maintenance costs of equipment and defense facilities.
Few points from Table of Contents:
1. Introduction 7
1.1. What is this Report About? 7
1.2. Definitions 7
1.3. Summary Methodology 9
1.4. About Strategic Defence Intelligence 10
- Executive Summary 11
- Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 13
3.1. Current Market Scenario 14
3.1.1. Primary Threat Perception 14
3.1.2. Military Doctrine & Strategy 15
3.1.3. Military Fleet Size 16
3.1.4. Procurement Programs 19
3.1.5. Social, Political and Economic Environment & Support for Defense Projects 20
3.1.6. Political and Strategic Alliances 21
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast 22
3.2.1. Ghanaian defense expenditure is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.96% during the forecast period 22
3.2.2. Insurgency, piracy, oil smuggling, and peacekeeping operations are expected to drive defense expenditure 25
3.2.3. Defense budget as a percentage of GDP expected to average 0.5% over the forecast period 27
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 29
3.3.1. Allocation for capital expenditure expected to average at 14% over the forecast period 29
3.3.2. Capital expenditure budget expected to increase over the forecast period 31
3.3.3. Per-capita defense expenditure expected to increase during the forecast period 33
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 34
3.4.1. Homeland security budget projected to increase during the forecast period 34
3.4.2. The threat from Boko Haram, drug trafficking, cybercrime, and money laundering to drive the homeland security market 37
3.4.3. Ghana falls under the ‘some risk category’ by terrorist attack 38
3.4.4. Ghana has rank of 106 in terrorism index 39
3.4.5. Ghana has a terrorism index score of 0.3 41
3.5. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets 42
3.5.1. The country’s defense budget is expected to increase during the forecast period 42
3.5.2. Ghanaian military expenditure is limited compared to countries with the largest defense expenditure 44
3.5.3. The country allocates a lower percentage of GDP to defense 45
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators 46
3.6.1. Combat Aircraft Engines 46
3.6.2. Attack Helicopters 46
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...
For more information: