This report offers detailed analysis of the Venezuelan defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
The Future of the Venezuelan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
CA Venezolana de Industrias Militares (CAVIM)
Diques y Astilleros Nacionales CA (DIANCA)
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Venezuelan defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Venezuelan defense industry during 2018-2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Venezuelann defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Venezuelan defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- With a defense budget of US$8.6 billion in 2017, Venezuela is amongst the largest arms importers in Latin America and accounts for nearly one-third of the military goods imported in the region. The increasing military expenditure is largely supported by revenues from the world’s largest proven oil reserves in the country.
This burgeoning defense expenditure can be attributed to the modernization of the armed forces, re-armament programs, border disputes, and a strong focus on the development of the indigenous military sector.
- The country’s capital expenditure (CAPEX) is anticipated to increase during the forecasted. A number of procurements have fueled growth of the capital budget allocation, including the Shannxi Y-8 transport aircraft, Norinco VN-4 armored vehicles, T-72BIV MBTs (Russian tanks) and BTR-80 armored vehicles, S-125 Pechora-2M SAM systems, Sukhoi fighter jets, 2S23 Nona-SVK self-propelled guns, Stan Patrol 5009 offshore patrol vessels, Stan Patrol 4207 coastal patrol vessels, Enstrom 480 helicopters, and Diamond Aircraft DA40NG Star trainers.
Key opportunities for equipment suppliers are expected in areas such as multi-role aircraft, naval vessels, missile systems, surveillance systems, and UAVs.
- The Venezuelan homeland security expenditure is primarily driven by the need to respond to growing threats from organized crime, current civil unrest, and cyber threats. At the same time, a growing economic crisis is expected to cut down HLS expenditure.
The country will invest in biometric systems, border protection and training, CCTV systems, electronic surveillance systems, radar systems, and UAVs. Additionally, opportunities in security systems and platforms are expected to arise as a result of the country concentrating on strengthening border security.
Few points from Table of Contents:
1. Introduction 7
1.1. What is this Report About? 7
1.2. Definitions 7
1.3. Summary Methodology 9
1.4. About Strategic Defence Intelligence 10
- Executive Summary 11
- Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 13
3.1. Current Market Scenario 14
3.1.1. Primary Threat Perception 14
3.1.2. Military Doctrine & Strategy 15
3.1.3. Military Fleet Size 17
3.1.4. Procurement Programs 22
3.1.5. Social, Political, and Economic Environment & Support for Defense Projects 24
3.1.6. Political and Strategic Alliances 25
3.2. Defense Market Size, Historical and Forecast 26
3.2.1. Venezuelan defense expenditure expected to increase at a CAGR of 0.39% over 2018-2022 26
3.2.2. Modernization, border disputes, and the development of the domestic defense industry to drive defense expenditure over the forecast period 28
3.2.3. Venezuelan defense expenditure as a percentage of GDP to increase 30
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 32
3.3.1. Share of revenue expenditure accounts for the majority of the Venezuelan defense budget over the forecast period 32
3.3.2. Capital expenditure is expected to gain momentum to reach a forecast CAGR of -1.05% during 2018-2022 34
3.3.3. Per-capita defense expenditure expected to decrease during the forecast period 36
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 38
3.4.1. Homeland security budget to register a negative CAGR of 6.96% during the forecast period 38
3.4.2. Civil unrest, drug trafficking, and organized crime to drive the HLS market 42
3.4.3. Venezuela to be at ‘some risk’ from terrorist attack 44
3.4.4. Venezuela faces moderate threat from foreign terrorist organizations 45
3.4.5. Venezuela has a terrorism index score of 2.0 47
3.4.6. The terrorism index is calculated on the basis of the following factors: 47
3.5. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets 48
3.5.1. Venezuela’s defense budget to remain low in the forecast period 48
3.5.2. Venezuela’s military expenditure is limited compared to countries with the highest defense expenditures 50
3.5.3. Venezuela allocates a high percentage of GDP to defense 51
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators 53
3.6.1. Military Infrastructure Construction 53
3.6.2. Missile Defense Systems 54
3.6.3. Military Training Aircraft 55
3.6.4. Military Facilities Management 56
Reasons to access
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Venezuelan defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Venezuelan defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...