The global light weapons market is driven by several factors, such as changing nature of warfare, low cost of weapons, increase in tensions across the borders among others. Furthermore, increasing defense spending and military modernization programs are expected to create viable opportunities in the light weapons market.
The key manufacturers of light weapons are indulging in partnerships and launching innovative, technologically advanced weapon system for defense forces. According to BIS Research Analysis, the global light weapons market is estimated at $10.21 billion in 2016.
The increased tensions across the borders and growing terrorism are some of the factors that have led to the adoption of advanced weapon systems by the defense agencies across the world. Additionally, increased adoption of light weapons by military forces have forced the manufacturers to develop technologically advanced weapons.
Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Orbital ATK, General Dynamics, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, BAE Systems, FN Herstal, and Saab AB are some of the manufacturers of light weapons.
According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled "Global Light Weapons Market, Anal…ast, 2017 - 2021", the light weapons market is expected to reach $12.28 billion by 2021. Light weapons remain the first line of attack in case of an invasion by the insurgent or enemy group. Based on their type, these light weapons are categorized as anti-tank guided weapons (ATGW), anti-aircraft missile, rocket launchers, man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS), heavy machine guns, light cannons, recoilless rifles, grenade launchers, mortars, grenades, and rocket propelled grenades.
Light weapons are majorly used by military and homeland security agencies. Military segment is expected to register the highest CAGR in the forecast period (2017-2021) owing to the growing conflicts and the rising terrorism. The market share of military end-user is also anticipated to increase considerably during the forecast period.
The market increasingly gained traction due to the increasing terrorism activities and likely to have unprecedented growth owing to military modernization programs.
The market report provides a detailed analysis of the recent trends influencing the market, along with a comprehensive study of the future trends and developments. It also includes a competitive analysis of the leading players in the industry, including corporate overview, financials, financial summary, and SWOT analysis. The overall market has been segmented by type, namely: anti-tank guided weapons (ATGW), anti-aircraft missile, rocket launchers, man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS), heavy machine guns, light cannons, recoilless rifles, grenade launchers, mortars, grenades, and rocket propelled grenades. Another segmentation has been done based on end-users namely: military and homeland security. The report also includes a comprehensive section on the geographical analysis including country analysis for more than 11 countries.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global light weapons market and their case studies?
- How the light weapons market is evolving, and what is its scope in the future?
- What was the total revenue generated in the global light weapons market in 2016, and what were the estimates in 2017, and forecast till 2021?
- What was the market share of the leading segments in the global light weapons market in 2016, and what will be the anticipated share in 2021?
- How will each segment of the global light weapons market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2021?
- What was the total revenue generated in the light weapons market by end-user in 2016, and what are the estimates in 2017, and forecast till 2021?
- Which light weapon end-users (military and homeland security) will dominate the market in the coming years?
- What was the total revenue generated in the light weapon market by type in 2016, and what were the estimates in 2017, and forecast till 2021?
- Which light weapon type will dominate the market in the coming years?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period between 2016 and 2021?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- What are the market share of the key market players in the global light weapons market?
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of type and end-user?
- Which geographical location will dominate the light weapons market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the light weapons market?
- Who are the key players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including their financials, company snapshots, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?
Request Sample: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=452&type=download
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...
For more information: