The global LNG bunkering market was valued at $214 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $10,185 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 58.5% from 2017 to 2023. Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) is an environment-friendly and commercially attractive fuel used in ships. LNG as a marine fuel has gained importance in the last few years due to the upcoming regulations on sulfur emissions. Technical solutions for LNG supply infrastructure and on-board storage and processing are available.
- Advertising -
The International Maritime Organization’s regulations of sulfur cap of 0.50% m/m (mass/mass) in 2020 for marine fuels, increase in ocean-borne trade, especially in ton-km travelled, and lower cost of LNG bunker fuel than other variants of ECA-compliant fuels are the factors that drive the development of the global LNG bunkering market. However, demand-supply gap for LNG bunkering is expected to hamper the market growth.
Moreover, development of LNG bunkering infrastructure and regulatory framework is expected to be a key challenge for the market.
The global LNG bunkering market is segmented based on end user and geography.
- Advertising -
Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
In 2016, Europe occupied the highest market share, followed by Asia-Pacific. Asia-Pacific is expected to account for one-third share of the global LNG bunkering market by 2023, witnessing substantial growth in the emerging countries, such as, China, India, and South Korea.
The prominent players in the global LNG bunkering market focus on product development and agreements as their key strategies to gain significant market share.
The key players profiled in the report are as follows:
- Skangas AS
- Gasnor As
- Statoil ASA
- Barents Naturgass As
- Engie SA
- Bomin Linde LNG GmbH & Co. KG
- Eni Norge AS
- Harvey Gulf International Marine Llc.
- Polskie LNG SA
- Korea Gas Corp.
Report : goo.gl/Z9Ufpm
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends, emerging estimations, and dynamics in the LNG bunkering market.
- In-depth analysis of LNG bunkering market is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2014 and 2022 are provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- LNG bunkering market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provides a competitive outlook of the LNG bunkering industry trends.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By End User
- Tanker Fleet
- Bulk & General Cargo
- Offshore Vessels & Ferries
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA
*The other players in the value chain include
- Galp Energia SGPS SA
- Gazprom PJSC
- Gaz Metro
- GDF SUEZ S.A.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services Inc.
- Gulfmark Offshore Inc.
- Compañía Española de Petroleos SAU
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.
Table Of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3. MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4. GLOBAL LNG BUNKERING MARKET, BY END USER
- CHAPTER 5. GLOBAL LNG BUNKERING MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- CHAPTER 6. COMPANY PROFILES
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...