The global Mining Automation Market currently sits at a transition point. After enduring multiple years of low commodity prices, the industry has had to turn substantially toward cost reductions and increases in efficiency to stay afloat and remain profitable. As a result, the industry is strongly interested in technologies, systems and other solutions that increase the efficiency and efficacy of mining operations while reducing costs.
Mining automation can also remove significant safety concerns. Operators can now run mining equipment from the safety of an on-site or even a remote office building and control room rather than in hazardous underground mines.
These operators can often operate two or more pieces of equipment simultaneously, further reducing labor costs. Fully automated systems ultimately promise to drive even further gains in efficiency and eliminate worker safety concerns for equipment operators.
The summary table and figure provide an overview of market values in the global automated mining technology industry for 2017 and 2018, and then projected through 2023. The market is already experiencing significant growth, and it is poised for exceptionally strong growth within the study period.
Mining automation technologies are rapidly pressing into the overall mining equipment market, an industry that carries annual revenues well above $REDACTED billion per year. Automated mining equipment still represents only a small fraction of this overall market, but it is uniquely poised for rapid growth as automated technologies and systems penetrate into and ultimately overtake the overall mining equipment market.
The overall global mining automation equipment achieved an annual turnover of $REDACTED billion in 2017. By the end of 2018, market values will reach $REDACTED billion, as mining companies execute the replacement of aging equipment that they have been nursing along for several years, much of it past its typical useful lifespan.
By the end of 2023, global markets will reach $REDACTED billion, achieving an exceptionally rapid compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of REDACTED. At the technology level, markets for overburden removal equipment plus ore extraction equipment will advance from $REDACTED billion in 2018 to $REDACTED billion in 2023 for a CAGR of REDACTED.
The scope of this report includes the market for mining automation technologies focused on specific technology categories and systems -
- Overburden removal and tunneling.
- Ore extraction, ore transport, crushing and sorting.
- Automated mining controls.
The study also considers -
- Remote control mining technologies.
- Driver-assist systems.
- Teleoperated mining technologies.
- Fully automated mining technologies.
Connected vehicles in mining automation maret are, at the same time, a dream for the automotive industry and a reality for large mines, their operating companies, and their machine and truck vendors. Mines have been experimenting with wireless mining automation and wireless vehicle-to-vehicle connectivity for more than five years
- 52 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for ceramic capacitors, their technologies and opportunities
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Historical review of ceramic capacitors and a detailed description of current and emerging applications for these products
- Insights on materials and fabrication processes used for ceramic capacitor devices
- Evaluation of latest technological developments and illustration of current research activities related to these devices
- Detailed description of leading suppliers of ceramic capacitors and other key players
The full report also contains additional breakdowns by region and select countries (North America: the U.S., Canada; Europe: Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, Rest of Europe; Asia-Pacific: China, India, Australia, Indonesia and Rest of Australia; and South America: Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America), five technology categories (i.e., overburden removal equipment, ore extraction equipment, ore transport equipment, crushing and sorting equipment, and automated mining controls), and four applications categories (i.e., remote control mining technologies, driver-assist systems, teleoperated mining technologies, fully automated mining technologies).
Analysis of Industry Trends and Market Opportunities
- Automated Mining Equipment Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Efficiency
- Industry Organizations
- Key Trends Influencing Markets
- Cost of Labor
- Mining Economic Pressures and the Drive to Automate
- Retrofit Market
- Environmental Regulations
- Quest for Energy Efficiency
- Possibility that Manufacturing Growth Might Drive Markets in the U.S.