With an estimated telecom service revenue of $1.4bn in 2016, Tanzania's market will be slightly smaller than some of its peers in the region, including Kenya ($2.3bn), the DRC (1.9bn) and Sudan ($1.7bn).
However, we expect telecom service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2016-2021, to reach $1.9bn by year-end 2021. Operators are continuously investing in upgrading their network infrastructure, including the expansion of 4G services and rollout of fiber network across the country.
Key Companies listed in the report are TTCL, Vodacom, Airtel, Zantel, Halotel, Viettel, Millicom and Tigo .
- Advertising -
- The overall telecom service revenue in Tanzania is estimated to increase by 6.1% over 2016-2021, to reach $1.9bn in 2021.
- Mobile and fixed broadband will drive the growth in overall telecom service revenue over the 2016-2021 period, mobile data will grow at a CAGR of 10.8% from 2016 to 2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 89.3% of total telecom revenue in 2016. Mobile data will be an important driver of continuing of this trend.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue to reach 95.6% in 2021.
- Vodacom will be the leading operator followed by Tigo and Airtel in 2016. Operators will continue to invest in fixed and mobile networks focusing on network expansion to roll out next-generation technologies to stay competitive.
Tanzania: The Launch of 4G and the Expansion of Fixed Networks to Push the Market', a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tanzania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Tanzania compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Tanzania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Tanzania's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Access
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Tanzania's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tanzania's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Tanzania's telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tanzania.
For more information: