Learn details of the Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecast 2022 Market Reports
"Japan: Fixed Mobile Bundles, M2M/IoT and 5G launch to Support Telecom Growth", is a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue in Japan is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% during 2016-2021, due to growth in mobile data and broadband segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment through 2021, owing to increased 4G adoption.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Japan compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Japan.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Japan's telecommunications markets.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Japan will grow at a CAGR of 1.7% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 62.4% of total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will witness a CAGR of 6.2% during 2016-2021.
- The top two operators, NTT DoCoMo and KDDI, accounted for 72.9% share of overall service revenue in 2016. We expect competition to intensify as operators focus on offering services beyond core services and as they conduct 5G trials in a bid to launch 5G by 2020.
- Over the next five years, as advanced 5G technology, 8K ultra-HD, IoT/M2M, smartphones and wearable devices take off, operators should seize opportunities in the market via mobile content and applications, OTT services and other value-added services.
Reasons to access
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Japan's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Japan mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Japan's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Japan.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of contents 3
Executive summary 4
Market and competitor overview
Regional context 6
Economic, demographic and political context 7
Regulatory environment 8
Demand profile 13
Service evolution 16
Competitive landscape 17
Major market players 18
Mobile services 22
Fixed services 26
Pay-TV services 30
Opportunities in the market 32
About the authors 33
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: