The report analyzes the business user cases for 5G and the pace of deployment worldwide, with specific focus and forecasts in South Korea, Japan, the US, China and Europe. Data and insights for this report were derived through a mix of desk-based secondary research and qualitative primary research.
- Advertising -
5G Technology Overview, Use Cases and Demand Forecast: Addressing Latency, Reliability and Network Density Opens Up New Business Opportunities is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. The report is structured as follows -
- Technology Overview: This section provides a background and a rationale to 5G, explaining the drivers behind 5G deployment, the terminology and spectrum requirement.
- Use Cases and New Services: Here we examine capabilities and opportunities enabled by 5G, taking a deep look at fixed wireless, massive machine, latency, reliability, automotive and drone services and network virtualization.
- Timeline and Key Country Forecasts: In this section, we provide a timeframe for commercial launch of 5G worldwide, by operator, up to 2022.
- Advertising -
- Key findings and recommendations: We conclude the report with a summary of the opportunities, challenges and success factors in deploying 5G, as well as recommendations, for network operators and vendors.
- 5G goes beyond previous wireless generations, with additional capabilities beyond increased bandwidths and capacities, resulting in new opportunities but also additional challenges in complexity.
- 5G is gaining momentum, given that standardization timelines have been brought forward. As a result, in Japan, South Korea and USA all the major operators are planning to launch IMT 2020 based services during 2019.
Important events such as Olympics are an additional driver in a number of countries.
- The 28GHz frequency band is enjoying the most initial focus, and will support early services in South Korea and US, although it is not available in all regions. The 3.5GHz frequency band has, by some way, the broadest support across key regions including US, where it is to become available as shared spectrum.
Many other high frequency bands are also being considered, notably 2.5GHz, 4GHz and 39GHz; these will be complemented by low frequency bands also, including 600MHz, 700MHz and 1.3GHz.
- The 5G business case for operators depends very much on small cell deployment and the associated availability of high capacity backhaul.
Reasons to access
- The report provides a global view of the opportunity in deploying 5G and growth trends in terms of subscriptions, as well as new use cases with customized communications.
- This analysis is useful for telecom executives to evaluate their position vis-à-vis the major growth opportunities in 5G and make informed decisions about strategic investments, value proposition and growth strategies to rapidly grow their 5G networks.
- The report provides valuable insights about use cases made possible by the 5G family of technologies.
- The report benchmarks five countries and regions and their attitude vis a vis 5G deployment and trends in terms of launch and pace of take-up of 5G mobile subscriptions.
China Telecom Unicom China Mobile AT&T KT Verizon Deutsche Telekom NTT DOCOMO Softbank Sprint T-Mobile USA EE Singtel Swisscom Telefonica TIM Etisalat Orange Vodafone KDDI Telia
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Reportstack is one of the largest online libraries of market research publications. At Reportstack, users can find top-level research products from the leading publishers at one place. The best in practice web technology implemented by Reportstack enhances overall user experience and changes the way people buy research reports online. The market coverage spans across multiple verticals including but not limited to: Pharma & Healthcare, Automotive & Transport, Manufacturing & Industry ...
For more information: