New Report expects small cell, carrier Wi-Fi, C-RAN and DAS investments to account for nearly $15 Billion by the end of 2017. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 18% between 2017 and 2030, as mobile operators remain committed to tackle the continued growth of mobile data traffic and evolving coverage requirements.
Heterogeneous networks (HetNet) is a term used for modern mobile communications networks. A modern mobile communications network is comprised of a combination of different cell types and different access technologies.
A typical HetNet uses a combination of legacy systems (e.g. GSM en UMTS) and modern radio access technologies such as LTE, possibly completed with Wi-Fi.
Femto cells and Wi-Fi are used at the office and at home. Deployment of these small cell are a key feature of the HetNet approach as they allow considerable flexibility as to where they are positioned.
Wi-fi can play a significant role in HetNets, both in terms of data offload and in terms of roaming, especially between an outdoor environment and an in-house environment.
Operators can potentially provide a more consistent customer experience compared to what could be achieved with a homogenous network, by integrating a variety of technologies and cell layers depending on the topology of the coverage area. A seamless transition between the different layers and different radio interfaces takes place, without requiring the user to do anything.
Download sample @ marketreportscenter.com/request-sample/543049
Why Demand for HetNet Infrastructure will increase?
With the massive growth in data traffic, networks are expanding faster than ever before. Network complexity is increasing and service providers need to become more agile at network planning and rollout in order to keep up with changing network technologies.
Service providers are finding their current planning tools are inadequate to meet the demands of rolling out or upgrading their networks. Current planning tools can’t deal with the complexity or scale to meet the huge volumes of projects expected to be supported over the next few years.
Driven by in-building wireless coverage requirements and the growing influx of mobile data traffic, a conventional macrocell based cellular network deployment is not deemed to be a sufficient solution to address the coverage and capacity needs of today’s wireless subscribers.
Mobile operators are thus increasing their investments in Heterogeneous Network or HetNet infrastructure such as strategically deployed small cells, carrier Wi-Fi and DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems), to cope with growing capacity and coverage requirements. Adding further to the heterogeneity is the shift towards a C-RAN (Centralized RAN) architecture, which centralizes baseband functionality to be shared across a large number of distributed radio nodes.
In comparison to standalone clusters of base stations, C-RAN provides significant performance and economic benefits such as baseband pooling, enhanced coordination between cells, virtualization, network extensibility and energy efficiency.
Access Full report along with excel sheets @ marketreportscenter.com/buy-now?sku=SNSJUN201701
How much growth can we expect?
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, we expect small cell, carrier Wi-Fi, C-RAN and DAS investments to account for nearly $15 Billion by the end of 2017. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 18% between 2017 and 2030, as mobile operators remain committed to tackle the continued growth of mobile data traffic and evolving coverage requirements.
What will market research report provide?
The HetNet Ecosystem (Small Cells, Carrier Wi-Fi, C-RAN & DAS): 2017 – 2030: Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts report presents an in-depth assessment of the HetNet ecosystem including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, standardization, regulatory landscape, deployment models, use cases, vertical markets, operator case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents forecasts for HetNet infrastructure investments from 2017 till 2030.
The forecasts cover 6 individual submarkets and 6 regions.
Access report @ https://marketreportscenter.com/request-discount/543049
What Segmentation is covered in report?
Geographical Segmentation :
Latin & Central America
Middle East & Africa
- Air Interface Technology Segmentation
- 2G & 3G
- 5G NR (New Radio)
- Deployment Model Segmentation
- RAN Architecture Segmentation
- Use Case Segmentation
- Rural & Suburban
- Cell Size Segmentation
Small Cell Backhaul
- Technology Segmentation
- Millimeter Wave
- Fiber & Others
- Carrier Wi-Fi
- Access Points
- Access Point Controllers
- Integration Approach Segmentation
- Standalone Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Managed Wi-Fi Offload
Air Interface Technology Segmentation
- 3G & LTE
- 5G NR
- Deployment Model Segmentation
- Cell Size Segmentation
- Small Cells
- Submarket Segmentation
- BBUs (Baseband Units)
- RRHs (Remote Radio Heads)
- C-RAN Fronthaul
- Dedicated Fiber
- WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing)
- OTN (Optical Transport Network)
- PON (Passive Optical Network)
- Millimeter Wave
- G.Fast & Others
Deployment Model Segmentation
What are key findings of report?
- Research estimates that global investments on small cells, carrier Wi-Fi, C-RAN and DAS will reach more than $15 Billion by the end of 2017, as mobile operators remain committed to tackle the continued growth of mobile data traffic and evolving coverage requirements.
- At present, the HetNet market is facing a paradigm shift with multiple advancements ranging from small cell virtualization and neutral hosting to the adoption of unlicensed and shared spectrum.
- In conjunction with 5G and LTE Advanced network rollouts, these advancements will fuel the market to grow at a CAGR of over 18% between 2017 and 2020.
- By virtualizing small cells, mobile operators can immediately evaluate the benefits of RAN virtualization with no major impact on their larger macrocell RAN footprint.Research estimates that global spending on virtualized small cells will surpass $1 Billion annually by 2020.
- Unlicensed and shared spectrum small cells are also beginning to gain traction, with shipment revenues potentially reaching $240 Million by the end of 2020.
- The vendor arena is continuing to consolidate with several prominent M&A deals such as CCI's (Communication Components, Inc.) acquisition of BLiNQ Networks and Mavenir's merger with Ranzure Networks.
What are companies profiled in report?
Ablaze Wireless, Accelink Technologies, ADLINK Technology, Amdocs, 3Roam, Avago Technologies, DASAN Networks, InterDigital, Omnitron Systems, SpiderCloud Wireless and many more.
For more details of report, table of content, sample download https://marketreportscenter.com/reports/543049/the-hetnet-ecosystem-small-cells-carrier-wi-fi-c-ran-das-2017-2030-opportunities-challenges-strategies-forecasts
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Market Reports Center is an e-commerce platform obliging the needs of knowledge workers, experts, professionals who are subject to market research information for their work, or to make strategic business decisions. We are dedicated to create a comprehensive offering of market research which is accurate, credible and affordable. Market Reports Center currently has more than 1,20,000 plus titles and 30+ Publishers on our platform and growing consistently. We cover more than 35 industry verticals ...