Germany Telecommunications Market Share, Opportunities, Segmentation and Forecast to 2022
"Germany: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Germany today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Germany over 2017-2022 will be sustained by mobile data and fixed broadband overtaking the loss of revenue from the switching off of circuit-switched lines in the country.
Going forward, operators will focus on data-centric services and invest in LTE-A, 5G and FTTH deployments to boost broadband penetration in the country. Operators’ push for digital solutions such as M2M/IoT, and high-speed broadband network under the Gigabit society plan 2025 will create significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- In-depth analysis of fixed, mobile and pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- The total telecom service revenue growth in Germany will remain low due to loss of revenue from circuit-switched but will be supported by growth in mobile data, VoIP and fixed broadband revenue.
- Mobile revenue will account for 48.3% of the total telecom revenue in 2022, with mobile data accounting for 61.1% of mobile revenue in 2022.
- 4G is currently the most adopted mobile technology . However, its share will decline during the forecast period as customers migrate to 5G assuming it is comercially available by 2020.
- The top two mobile operators, T-Mobile and Vodafone accounted for 61.2% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2017. We expect the competition to intensify further with the recent approved merger of United Internet's 1&1 with Drillisch.
- Operators will continue to invest in 4G network expansions, fiber deployments, 5G and advanced DSL technologies such as G.fast to improve connectivity and cater to the rising data demand.
Reasons to access
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Germany’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Germany’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 40 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Germany’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Germany.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macro and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Deutsche Telekom 28
Telefonica Deutschland 29
Competitive landscape and company snapshots (cont’d) 25
United Internet 31
Additional resources 33
Forecast assumptions 34
Data tables 35
About the authors 40
ACCESS REPORT at www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/168…telligence-report
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: