India is a large market with existing mobile user penetration (as % of population) increasing from 40% in 2012 to 49% in 2016. It is expected to grow to 69% by 2021.
Mobile subscription increased at 5.3% CAGR during 2012-2016, from 864 million to 1,601 million, and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.1% over 2016-2021 to 1,427 million in 2021.
Strong growth projected for Indian mobile subscriptions
India is expected to have 1,427.3 million mobile subscriptions by 2021. Mobile subscriptions are expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% over 2016-21 with subscription penetration (as % of population) increasing from 80% in 2016 to an expected 102% by 2021.
Read More Information and TOC of the [email protected] www.reportsweb.com/india-telecommu…ential-for-growth
Government initiatives set to accelerate India's telecommunication industry
Funding for infrastructure is expected to grow with the establishment of the Telecom Finance Corporation by March 2017. The government's smart city and National Fiber Optic Network (NOFN) projects will also support the industry to attract investments.
A digital payments ecosystem is fast developing in India. FinTech is emerging as the key sector for growth of digital transactions.
Furthermore, Digital India, a program initiated by the Indian Government, is expected to expedite transforming India into a digital economy. Internet of Things (IoT) applications would also add to the momentum.
Massive potential for India's telecommunication market
The Indian telecom market has a huge potential to drive volumes and growth, especially across mobile and fixed services. Mobile subscriptions increased at 5.3% CAGR from 864.7 million in 2012 to 1,061.0 million in 2016 and are expected to grow at 6.1% CAGR to 1,427.3 million by 2021.
In a price sensitive market, intense competition has resulted in low-tariff offerings and data bundles with free voice minutes, which fuels subscription growth. In addition, mobile subscription density was around 86.3% in September 2016, out of which the urban area had a density of 156.2% compared with the rural area at 51.2%.
This indicates the potential size of the telecom market in India, especially the rural area which constitutes nearly 69% of the total population.
Publisher's Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: industry risk & reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, and innovation.
- Risk/Reward Index-enables you to assess the risks and potential rewards of investing in the Indian Telecommunications market in comparison with other Asia-Pacific countries.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View-Key Telecommunications Industry Statistics including fixed/mobile revenue, subscriptions, churn, market share, and ARPS are analyzed to reveal the key issues and trends driving market performance in the Indian Telecommunications market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis-Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investment in the Indian Telecommunications market.
- Industry Benchmarking-Benchmark how the Indian telecommunications market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fixed or mobile revenue, subscriptions, ARPS, penetration, and usage to gauge potential for growth or market entry.
- Competitive Landscape-Analyze and compare the performance of the leading players in the Indian Telecommunications market by business segment on metrics such as such as churn, ARPU, and subscriber and revenue growth.
Table of Contents
Risk & Reward Index 3
Industry Snapshot 7
Industry View 12
Industry SWOT Analysis 17
Industry Benchmarking 23
Industry Performance 30
Competitive Landscape 42
Key Developments 62
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: ReportsWeb is a one-stop shop for market research reports and solutions to various companies across the globe. We help our clients in their decision support system by helping them choose most relevant and cost-effective research papers and solutions from various publishers. The market research industry has changed in last decade. As the corporate focus has shifted to niche markets and emerging countries, some publishers have stepped in to fulfill these information needs. We have experienced and ...
For more information: